Pukefest 2008

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Veteran
Alright, I have thrown in the towel over this whole sick business. It all started in early December with colds. We brought them to the doctor, and were told to use saline, a nose squeegie, and a humidifier. Done. Then, right around new year, the puking started. It is out of control. Usually a girl will puke once or twice in the day (and I mean MEGA puke-up-everything-now-we-have-to-do-more-######-laundry puke), and then go for a day or two without puking. So we're thinking, whew, now we're in the clear. Not so. They inevitably start puking again. And they usually alternate days.
Up to now we have been in the emergency room twice (during one visit Cadigan got IV fluids), the doctors three times, and on the phone with the nurse more times than I can count. They don't know what to tell us. They have tested blood and feces, nothing. "It's a stomach bug," they say. "It can take up to a week to leave the system," they say. "But it's been two weeks," I inform them. And they...shrug. Don't know what to do.
We have switched formulas, started feeding less formula more frequently, and started starchy solids to help them with their constant runny poo problem. Still, more puke.
So I'm done. I guess they'll puke for the rest of their lives. There's nothing I can do about it. I sound like a broken record at work. Every time someone asks about the girls I say they're still sick. A friend is watching them at home (for pay) now, because they definitely can't go to daycare.
Oh yeah, the cheap non-registered daycare they were going to? Not gonna work. The lady was not taking good enough care of my babies. The bottles were filthy, there were like 6 little kids running around shirtless or pantless at any given time. That was NOT what we signed up for. AND, she gave them cherry pedialite without permission. Not okay. Oh yeah, I also think she lied to us. She told us one day that they hadn't puked, but they both had on new outfits, no socks mind you, and the carseat was soaking wet with vomit-esque white stuff on it. So, we pulled them out of there. They will be in a registered daycare starting february 1st, if they're not still puking. I am becoming a demanding mom, which is good. I want only the best. I usually go with the flow and don't want to upset people, but that's just not gonna work.
So, it usually sounds like I'm venting on here. Sorry about that. The good news is that Lainey is grabbing things now. It's cute to watch them eat solids. Cadigan giggles. Yeah, those are the good times. Oh, and the sleep is a lot better. They each wake up once a night, around 3am for a feeding, then go right back to bed until 6:30. It's nice.
Must go do work. Buh-bye.

January 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about all they puke... Do they seem upset about it? I don't really know where to draw the line between spilling and puking in my house, but it happens a lot here as well. But my babies aren't upset and they are still gaining weight, so except for the extra washing, I am not letting it bother me too much.

Glad to hear they are sleeping well and doing some stuff that makes you smile as well. Makes all the hard work worth it.

]
January 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Can'tWait2BAMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry your girls are sick. I can't even imagine having to deal with that. Hopefully it is some sort of stomache bug an they will be better within a couple of days.

January 17th, 2008, 07:01 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
Have they been tested for rotovirus? I know when my oldest had that it took a few weeks to go away completely. Or is it maybe acid reflux? My boys had that and would projectile vomit daily. Gavyn JUST got over it at 2.5.
January 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Lcoots's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you think it could be acid reflux?

Ugh you poor thing that does NOT sound like fun at all..yuck..

glad you switched daycares, that doesnt sound like a good environment for them..

HUGS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search