C Section or Vaginal Delivery?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2008, 12:28 PM
.*MaMaBraT*.'s Avatar Member
This might sound like an awkward question, but can a C Section be requested if pregnant with twins?? My first son was born naturally, and I wasnt sure if C-Sections are more common with multiples??

*I love you
January 29th, 2008, 01:14 PM
mighttyjomomma
I was encouraged by my original doctor (who I seriously thought was a quack!) to "give it a try vaginally"... even though my first was a C-Section. Yeah, I found a new doctor QUICK. Not to mention, the guy wouldn't tie my tubes for me, forget that!

As for your situation, I'm not sure, I think usually they will have you try vaginal unless one is transverse or breech or they both are. It all depends on the doctor. I had a friend that had twins 1 vertex 1 breech, and she delivered them both vaginally.

I'm curious what your doc says. Let me know!
January 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In my situation...

Doctor was going to go Vag.... Baby B kept flipping to breach... about the 3rd time he did that I told the doctor I wanted a c/s cause I didnt want to give birth to one then be rushed for a c/s for the 2nd... (which does happen)

Well about week 32 Baby B was breach and Dr decided we are doing c/s... C/S is not all the glory tho... I still have a few days were my insides hurt and the twinkers are 3 months
January 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
C-sections are more common with twins, but by no means a definite. Mostly depends on your history, previous c-sections and the position/s of the babies and of course your own doctors preferences. In my case I had a c-section as I had 2 sections before and my leading baby was breech in any case.

By the way, welcome and I hope you check in from time to time. Congratulations on your twins.

]
January 29th, 2008, 02:29 PM
.*MaMaBraT*.'s Avatar Member
Thank you

I was kind of hoping for a C-Section ... the mere thought of having to push 2 out is unbearable! One was bad enough!!

But thanks for the advice!! I will definately be asking my doctor =)

*I love you
January 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Doctor always told me that with multiples it's your choice to have a c/s or not. Even if both babies were head down I could still have a c/s.

I choose to try to go for vaginal and ended up having A vaginal and B emergency c/s. Both were head down. B's arm and cord started to come first, when the Dr. tried to rearranger her, her heartrate started dropping and not coming back..

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
January 29th, 2008, 04:33 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doc originally said I could do either and it was my choice. But by 12 weeks baby A was firmly entrenched with her butt in my cervix and never moved so c/s it was. In a way I was glad the choice was taken from me because I was afraid of doing baby A vaginally and baby B by c/s. Didn't want to have to recover from both....
January 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I am hoping for vaginal delivery - I am scared to death of c/s's! Many doctors though I think would let it be your choice when it comes to multiples. Even if your doctor doesn't let you choose, I am sure you could find a doctor who would. I have been told though that a vaginal delivery of twins isn't much harder than of one because the first makes the way and the second comes out easier - I am not sure if this is true or not but the person who made this statement has a set of twins and then a singleton.

January 30th, 2008, 09:14 AM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
Mine had to be taken via csection b/c baby B (Is) was in trouble!

February 2nd, 2008, 10:27 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I had a c-section with #1 and decided to go with a c-sec for the twins. My OB was fine with either way with the twins. I ended up having an emergency c-section at 35 weeks though, due to possible uterine rupture.
February 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Im not to sure what were going to do yet. I still have a while to think about it. My DD was born Vag. and I always wanted to keep going vag but I dont know if I will with twins it freaks me out having a section as well... Im at a loss... lol. I guess it all depends on what the twins have planned for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search