Craziest question ever asked?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
mighttyjomomma
What is the craziest thing someone has ever asked you about your twins??

I remember once someone asked "Are they twins?" and I said they were... then she paused, then asked "So were you pregnant with them at the same time?"
January 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL! Did you give her a sign? .. "here's your sign"

Nothing to crazy here.. I did have a older couple ask me if they were twins. I said yes, they then asked if they were identical. Which I replied No, They then asked.. How can you tell them apart... Um.. Ones a boy and Ones a girl (which was obvious, I mean He was decked out in Blue and she was in purple with a bow in her hair)

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
January 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
mighttyjomomma
LOL!!! I've been asked that too!! Keep in mind, one was bald and one had a head full of hair...
January 30th, 2008, 06:20 AM
.*MaMaBraT*.'s Avatar Member
This woman I worked with pulled me aside one day and asked me "do thet both kick at once or seperately?"

I felt like saying, no one stops and pauses so the other one can kick!!

*I love you
January 30th, 2008, 07:04 AM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
Since my twins are boy/girl . . . OBVIOUSLY fraternal . . . once in a great while, I'd get someone that asked me if they were identical . . . keeping in mind that they were boy/girl, Robbie has red hair and hazel eyes and Ashley had real blonde hair and bright blue eyes, I would just roll my eyes . . . So, beside the fact that they looked nothing alike, they certainly weren't identical in the diaper area!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
January 30th, 2008, 07:24 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get the identical thing all the time as well....then they fight with me because they do look similar....I just tell them that I changed their diapers and they are def. not identical.

The strangest one I have ever gotten was "are they twins?" "yes" "were they born at the same time?" No ...I held one in for an extra couple of months....
January 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM
mighttyjomomma
LMBO!! @ "Were they born at the same time"

Thats like mine - were you pregnant with them at the same time?

Apparently we are magicians!
January 30th, 2008, 08:33 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hehehe, you guys sure got some crazy questions! What are these people thinking? Are they even thinking? hehehe... I just get asked if they are identical. and they are a girl and a boy and don't look alike at all... Do these people even know what identical twins are? hehehehe...

]
January 31st, 2008, 10:46 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get annoyed when they say "aww both boys"

Ok listen here mofo.... I wanted a girl REAL bad your not going to not notice her!!! She looks like pink threw up on her for gosh sakes!!

and when they argue that they have to be identical.... And that "there are proven twins that are identical".. Thats when I end the talk and walk away..
January 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
mighttyjomomma
LMAO, I had a friend who's little boy dropped his pants in a store just to prove he was really a boy! Strangers can't trust us when it comes to our own kids?!
January 31st, 2008, 10:26 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok listen here mofo.... I wanted a girl REAL bad your not going to not notice her!!! She looks like pink threw up on her for gosh sakes!![/b]
Hehehe, I feel the same way. My poor little girl has only one item of clothes that isn't predominantly pink...

]
February 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Ohh gosh I love that mofo thing.... LMAO!!!

I have none as no one but my family and friends know Im having twins so I dont get anything yet.

February 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Lcoots's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i always get asked oh a boy and a girl..uhm NO they are both in PINK carseats..Or they will say 2 boys cause they are bald..Then when I say no they are both girls they say oh I should have looked at the seats..DUH

I get asked if they are ID all the time..I dont think they look alike but apparently they do..And mine are both girls so thats possible..lmao..

nothin 2 crazy yet though..I thik I would laugh in their face if it was too funny
February 5th, 2008, 06:05 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
Are they triplets? (In regards to all 3 of my boys! Quinn is OBVIOUSLY much bigger than the twins. ) Oh, and I actually get that question quite often!
February 5th, 2008, 11:09 PM
mighttyjomomma
Quote:
Are they triplets? (In regards to all 3 of my boys! Quinn is OBVIOUSLY much bigger than the twins. ) Oh, and I actually get that question quite often![/b]

I got asked this just the other day Amanda!!! LOL
February 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Wow! Fun stuff to look forward too!

February 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When people would tell me "aww two cute little boys" I would just say "yeah...and isn't it nice of my dh to let me dress one of them up like a girl".

Its funny now...but I remember it taking an hour to do a "quick" trip to the store becuase we would get stopped every couple of seconds. The feeling of being a circus freak because you can hear the whispers (oh...look twins). And the rudeness of people who say..."wow you have your hands full", "better you than me", "wow...can't believe you had another one after twins" Not to mention the women who scolded me for taking brand new newborns out during winter....they were 3 months old but because they were premature were small at the time. Probably why moms of twins will sometimes ignore other twins in a store......
February 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Nothing really crazy, but i did get a question some time ago from someone that I thought I'd share.

After telling this woman that I was having twins, she asked, "Are they Identical?" I responded, "No, they are fraternal." She then asked, "how do you know they're fraternal and not identical?" Now I know they aren't because I did IVF and there was never a shared sac, and I know she wouldn't know that, but I thought it was a weird question to ask. Or maybe I just didn't want to explain myself....

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
February 6th, 2008, 09:33 PM
mighttyjomomma
Eh, a lot of people just assume anymore. It's funny the weird looks you get when you discuss your own children, as if you have no idea what you're talking about.
February 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
When people found out we were having twins i got a "wow" first then everything from "glad it's not me" to "I'd kill myself" YIKES! One mom of twins told me to "give up now" - it can't be that bad can it? I have also been asked "Do twins run in the family?" When I say no, I get asked "how did you get twins?" Ugggg....do I need to explain everything! I don't mind talking about our fertility problem (I have PCOS and had to use shots to concieve) but I hate it when people pry.

My third grade students found out that I was having twins - here's a cute story of being innocent: A little girl says to me "I can believe you have twins but you never brought them in for us to see" I told her that they come to school every day because they haven't been born yet and are in my belly. She looked down at my belly and asked "Well can I see them?" I told her my belly didn't have a window. The when another student asked if they were girls or boys, I told him that I didn't know yet. This same little girl, with a completely serious look an her face says, "What kind of mother are you? You are supposed to know if they are boys or girls! You're the mommy!" It was all I could do to not bust out laughing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search