update on Twins

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2008, 06:43 PM
kwilder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kwilder
Review: Last Tuesday I was admitted to the hospital for flu and dehydration. Once arriving to the hospital we discovered that baby A was having significant heart decels. I have been on 24 hour monitoring since then with about 3-4 decels daily. Some of which are lasting 6-8 minutes. We thought that this was a result of the flu attacking baby a. However, the flu has gone away and the baby is still having "episodes". On Monday things looked better and I was allowed to go to random NST's throughout the day. I have had one round of steriods and 1 biophysical profile.

Latest:

Well, it is now Wednesday evening and Bill and I just spent a great deal of time talking with Dr. Banks. Many of you know we had a pretty significant deceleration with Baby A again last night. This one lasted about 6 minutes.

Here is where we stand:
I received the first injection of the second round of steroids this morning. I will receive the second one tomorrow morning. Dr. Banks wants to have the lungs as mature as possible "just in case".

Tomorrow I will have another Biophysical test for comparison. This test takes about 2 hours to do.

We will continue to get random stress tests throughout each day watching for decelerations in heart rate.

Dr. Banks is talking with one of his well trained trusted colleagues tomorrow to talk through the next step.

Our concern is that Baby A may have a deceleration that she is not able to bounce back from- as we still have no idea what is causing these "episodes". We feel pretty sure that the baby should have recovered from any flu symptoms she was getting from me. We feel confident that baby does not have any sort of heart "defect". We think that there may be a possibility that she has a knot or wrap of her cord (although there is really no way to know that until delivery).

Dr. Banks talked with us tonight about his "breaking point", meaning when does he give in? This is a very hard decision for him because 29 week old babies can be VERY sick with a long road in NICU. Our game plan is to wait on the conference with Dr. Banks' friend tomorrow for advice, get the results back from the 2nd Biophysical exam, and go from there. Dr. Banks prepared us for the fact that we will most likely have a c-section at 32 weeks (3 more weeks). This is if we continue to have the decelerations that we are currently having. Now, if they increase in frequency or intensity- there will be no more hesitation to wait. There is always the possibility that the decels resolve on there own and we press on with "normal" twin pregnancy (hahaha, whatever that means).

Please continue to pray for our family. The stress of the unknown is starting to get the best of me. Please pray for Bill as he is being a single Dad, working full time, selling our house, buying a new one and taking care of three WHINY children.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support, I will do my best to keep you all as updated as possible. Some days are loaded with tests and it is hard to sit down and collect my thoughts.

www.sevenwilders.blogspot.com
January 31st, 2008, 07:09 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohh wow that sounds like alot for you to handle right now... Tons of T's and P's that your girls make it to 32 weeks!!
January 31st, 2008, 01:11 PM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
Thoughts and prayers that you will make it 3 more weeks! I had my girls at 31.5 weeks so I understand what you are going through somewhat. ((hugs)) Keep thinking positive thoughts.

January 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, not knowing what is going on and when things should happen is scary and unnerving. Good luck to you and your husband! And thanks for keeping us up to date!

]
January 31st, 2008, 02:37 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow.. how very frightening! You and yours will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
January 31st, 2008, 03:23 PM
mighttyjomomma
Keep us posted please!!! You are in our T&Ps!!!

Come on babies, 3 more weeks! You got the Moms Of Multiples section cheering you on!!
February 2nd, 2008, 10:23 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
My thoughts and prayers are with you! I wish you all the best and hope you can keep those girls baking as long as possible!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search