Sleeping through the night ..

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2008, 08:56 AM
.*MaMaBraT*.'s Avatar Member
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but when I had my first son it was a good 2 months before he started sleeping through the night .. with twins, is it going to be that much harder to get them on the right sleep schedule? If one wakes up, does the other automatically wake up as well? For some you moms who already have twins, any advice you can give about how you got yours to sleep would be great! I remember how hard it was with 1 child, and my greatest fear is being up around the clock with two!

*I love you
January 31st, 2008, 10:17 AM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
Mine slept in the same crib until they started rolling over and waking each other up by mistake. It was actually easier when they both got up at the same time in the middle of the night. At first it was harder to get into a "routine" in the middle of the night. I wear glasses and couldn't seem to find them when I needed to . . . I had to carry them both downstairs at the same time to feed them (formula was downstairs and cold, so I had to heat it up). Once I got downstairs and got them "situated" it was really pretty easy to get into a routine. One would finish eating a couple of minutes before the other, I'd change their diaper and then he/she would fall asleep before the other was done eating. Then, I'd do the same for whoever finished up eating last. Then, I'd carry them back upstairs and put them back in their crib. Don't get me wrong, it WAS overwhelming at first, but it did work out pretty quickly.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
January 31st, 2008, 10:26 AM
mighttyjomomma
Sleeping was a challenge for us. I exclusively breastfed, so it felt like I was always up with one of them and I cat napped here and there. Believe it or not, they didn't start sleeping through the night until probably close to 15 months.

I do agree with Jen, I kept them in the same crib until probably about 4 months, they seemed to like being close to each other at first, then it started being a pain in the neck! LOL
January 31st, 2008, 10:42 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My lil ones came earlier then we (well DH ) expected so their room wasnt done..

2 weeks they slept in bouncers next to me while I slept on the couch...

I think I freaked myself out at the begining.. Cause its not as bad as I thought it would be...

at 2 months 3 weeks the twins started sleeping 7pm to 5 am
February 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Quote:
at 2 months 3 weeks the twins started sleeping 7pm to 5 am[/b]
Ohhhh I hope I have your luck!!!! That would be amazing..

February 3rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Lcoots's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my girls are almost 4 mo old and have been sleeping through the night for 2 months.

I give them rice cereal in their night time bottle and that helps A LOT..they got to sleep anywhere from 9:30-10pm and sleep till close to 8am every day..sometimes one will wake up at 6 to nurse and go back to sleep..

Mine dont wake at the same time anymore..for the first month they did..We were co sleeping till about 2 mo maybe closer to 3..We moved them into their crib and they sleep all night with the occasional wake up. Normally the other twin will sleep through the fist ones cries

The first month was really hard. i was tired, sleep deprived and doing it alone most nights as my dh gets up at 3-4am to go to work. So it was truely a blessing that they started sleepign so well at 2mo old..

The cereal helps and I started putting them on their tummies since they could lift and move their heads well by 2mo...that made a HUGE difference for us

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search