I honestly can't decide....

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
if I want to have more kids or if our family is complete. I always thought I wanted at least 1 more (God-willing of course!), but now I'm not so sure. Taking care of 3 boys, 4 and under, sure is a lot of work! I'm thinking I might change my mind when the twins are in school, but I don't know. I have always liked to have everything planned out.
February 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
mighttyjomomma
How old are your boys again?
February 14th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
When I was younger, my aunt had a "test" for if you were done having children: hold a baby and if you don't mind giving it back then you are done. It is funny, but I know when we were TTC I hated letting go of any baby that I got the chance to hold - maybe there's some truth to her test

February 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
Quote:
How old are your boys again?[/b]
Quinn is 4 and Gavyn and Kendric are 2.5

Quote:
When I was younger, my aunt had a "test" for if you were done having children: hold a baby and if you don't mind giving it back then you are done. It is funny, but I know when we were TTC I hated letting go of any baby that I got the chance to hold - maybe there's some truth to her test [/b]
My best friend just had a baby girl. We were originally trying to get pregnant at the same time, but when it didn't happen for me I gave up after about 5 months. I would hold her little girl all day if I could! But then again, her kids are like my kids and my kids are like her kids, KWIM? I just can't imagine never going through another pregnancy. I'm only 26. I got pregnant with Quinn at 21 and pregnant with the twins at 23. I don't know.
February 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your heart will let you know!! If I wernt soooo tired and overwhelmed I am sure I would want another haha
February 14th, 2008, 06:08 PM
mighttyjomomma
Wow Amanda, I didn't realize our kids were so close in age! Anica is 4 (1-18-04) and Mianna and Kaleigh are almost 2˝ (9.22.05)!
February 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you ever know...dh is fixed but I still get the urge every once and awhile (thank goodness we can't act on it). Then I realize that while I will miss the baby phase I can't wait to do more grown-up stuff with them that we have been putting off...like trips we couldn't take with a baby.
February 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll just have to follow your heart.

]
February 15th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Thats where I am right now... We've ALWAYS said 3 is our limit. But I know Im having twins I KNOW I am.. But I still cant grasp that I am. KWIM? I just keep thinking that Ill be pregnant again but in reality I wont.. I try and enjoy the kicks and such as much as I can cause I know its my last...

February 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Quote:
Quote:
When I was younger, my aunt had a "test" for if you were done having children: hold a baby and if you don't mind giving it back then you are done. It is funny, but I know when we were TTC I hated letting go of any baby that I got the chance to hold - maybe there's some truth to her test [/b]
My best friend just had a baby girl. We were originally trying to get pregnant at the same time, but when it didn't happen for me I gave up after about 5 months. I would hold her little girl all day if I could! But then again, her kids are like my kids and my kids are like her kids, KWIM? I just can't imagine never going through another pregnancy. I'm only 26. I got pregnant with Quinn at 21 and pregnant with the twins at 23. I don't know.
[/b]

You are young, you have plenty of time to decide, I would say to give yourself a rest for a little while, enjoy your boys, then in a year or two if the urge is still there, try again. I am 29 and this is my first two, we want a big family but I don't want to try again too soon after having twins, so in a couple of years we may have one more, after that I'll be too old to keep trying I am afraid (especially since there is a history of birth defects in the family). I really wanted to be done by 35 at the latest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search