Do you baby your multiples?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
mighttyjomomma
I know that I baby the twins much more than I ever did Anica. She was in a toddler bed by 18 months, they are almost 2˝ and still in cribs.. LOL! I'm not as strict about sippys with them either, and I probably let them get away with too much.

Come to think of it I let them all get away with too much, and I always feel bad for Anica! She was only 20 months when they were born, so sometimes I worry about her feeling like she was 'cheated' because the twins always demanded SO much attention!

Anyone else?
February 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM
kwilder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kwilder
I'm not so sure that is necc. a "twin" thing. I found that I have gotten a little more lax each time I have a child- Heck my 3 yo still sleeps with his paci and blanket and my first born has his snatched at 12 months. I think I just have learned that there are somethings worth worrying about and some things that aren't.

www.sevenwilders.blogspot.com
February 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm not so sure that is necc. a "twin" thing. I found that I have gotten a little more lax each time I have a child- Heck my 3 yo still sleeps with his paci and blanket and my first born has his snatched at 12 months. I think I just have learned that there are somethings worth worrying about and some things that aren't.[/b]
I agree...

But I worry about the attention thing as well. Although I am lucky that my two older boys were quite a bit older when the twins were born. They get so little attention these days.

]
February 14th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I really can't say about it being twins, but from a child who didn't get a lot of attention growing up (my brother was 15 months behind me and had major birth defects so he required a lot of attention) I would say you're older one will be just fine. Make time to do special things with her only and you'll create a ton of great memories that will out way the feeling of being "cheated". One of my favorite memories is walking around the park talking to my mom about school stuff when I was about 8 - I got to go with her and my brother had to stay home - it was nice to have that attention when I didn't get it any other time.

February 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I've done that with all 3 of my boys. I can't say it is just the twins. I'm sure they will be "babied" a little longer than Quinn was though just because they are much smaller and can't communicate quite as well. Plus, I'm trying to savor all my time with them while they are little.
February 14th, 2008, 05:02 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not so sure that is necc. a "twin" thing. I found that I have gotten a little more lax each time I have a child- Heck my 3 yo still sleeps with his paci and blanket and my first born has his snatched at 12 months. I think I just have learned that there are somethings worth worrying about and some things that aren't.[/b]
I agree...

But I worry about the attention thing as well. Although I am lucky that my two older boys were quite a bit older when the twins were born. They get so little attention these days.
[/b]

I agree with both of you exactly lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search