Update!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
On Friday we had our follow up ultrasound. To explain, we had our reduction appointment with peri#1 on Monday, and our follow up u/s with peri#2 Friday. Babies C&D are still growing, little hearts beating. They are the same size as the other two (who are doing great). So what the doctor thought would happen didn't happen. It was only 5 days, true, but now we're getting conflicting opinions & I feel stuck in the middle.

Our u/s tech started it all - she said she was concerned about peri#1's "wait and see" attitude, because if the two babies aren't viable then they should go now to prevent complications with the other two. Also, that maybe the one baby was suffering because of the hydrops/ascites. Then peri#2 came in. She said she was no expert, and that if peri#1 had said it was ok to wait 2-3 weeks then so did she.

But DH was freaked out by the u/s tech, and so he called his BIL the OB/GYN, who said the same thing the tech said - it's not good to wait because there can be complications that affect the two healthy twins. He said we should immediately schedule the reduction because it is dangerous to the pregnancy to wait.

Personally I would wait until the cows come home because I really don't want to do the reduction, and I think things will happen naturally & if not in a week or two then maybe three at the most. I don't know why I think this. But DH is adamant he doesn't want to wait. I said I'll call Tuesday after our next u/s if things haven't changed and schedule the reduction, but I'm honestly not happy about it. I know it's the best thing though, especially if the baby is suffering.

So. In other news, after the u/s we went up to the church where we were married & met with the priest who married us. She was really sweet & chatted with us for awhile & offered basically a shoulder & some counseling. We told her we'd come to terms with everything, and that at this point our goal was to stop worrying & enjoy the presence of our babies for as long as we have them, & show them they were loved for the short time they were on earth. She thought that was a perfect sentiment. Then she said she'd picked out two very nice prayers for us and our babies, and did the blessing. It made us both feel happy.

That was our Friday! I'm proud of myself I did not cry one tear & instead am living up to what I told the priest - being a good mommy to the babies while they are here.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

February 17th, 2008, 01:33 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Stand your ground and follow your heart. That's the best advice I can offer you.

Good luck.

February 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow... I also think you should listen to your heart.

]
February 17th, 2008, 07:56 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Lisa your a STRONG mama!!! *HUGS*
February 17th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Toban's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My thoughts and prayers are with you, dh and the babies.
February 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! my only advice would be to follow your heart - you are a very strong woman!

February 18th, 2008, 08:00 PM
mighttyjomomma
I can't even imagine what you are going through Lisa... you are such a strong woman. :dothugs:

As always, you are in my T&Ps.
February 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
((HUGS)) Your an amazing women!! And you know whats best for your family!!! Follow your heart!!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!

February 20th, 2008, 08:49 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Thanks ladies, your support means a lot!!

I have another brief update - had another ultrasound yesterday (Tuesday), and Baby C's heart is still beating although he/she is not looking well. The belly is twice as distended as in the ultrasound pic below and he isn't moving much anymore, just waving an arm. I hope that ultrasound tech was wrong & the baby isn't suffering! The other babies are looking good though, and wow are they active, it was really fun to see.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

February 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohh Lisa I really hope lil C isnt suffering also! Your an amazing person!! and your going to be a heck of a mama!! Correction you ARE a heck of a mama!
February 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM
bunni0407's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to bunni0407
You and baby C will be in our T&Ps. And so are the other 3 babies

*Thank you misfitinmn for my amazing siggy*

February 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Leahs Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Leahs Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Leahs Mommy
Keeping you and your babies in my thoughts and prayers!
February 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
You and your babies are in my T's & P's!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search