The only thing keeping me hanging on...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2008, 06:45 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Is that I've heard SO many twin moms tell me it gets better. I keep waiting for that *golden* age where they aren't fussy most of the time, and when they're sleeping through the night.

If it weren't for my job, I'd lose my mind sitting here with them all day. You get one quiet and semi-sleepy and then the other wakes up and wakes the first one up and then you've got 2 screaming all over again...no one seems to ever be content!

Its not possible to complain to mothers of singletons, because they just don't get it. I find myself envious of them, although I do love both of my babies, I just am having a hard time with all of this.

Oh man.

February 17th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
((HUGS)) Im not there yet... But I hope it does get better for you soon!!! ((HUGS))

February 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* Our twins arnt that far apart and I like to think of mine as pretty good babies.. I TOTALY understand... I just keep telling myself it could be worse lol not sure if its helping... But I do have them sleeping 7pm uuntil 5am and I am very thankful for that..

I REALLY hope you get some enjoyable twin time soon
February 18th, 2008, 12:19 AM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just hang in there! It does get better. Even just a few weeks ago it was chaos over here. And it's just as if a switch went on. We moved them out into their own room. Got them each in their own cots. Allowed them to learn how to get to sleep on their own. And now they are sleeping through the night, from 8 pm to at least 6 am. They even sometimes take their day time naps together! Knock on wood!

You should be so proud of yourself for still being able to breastfeed them and I see you are pumping too! I just couldn't keep up. You are doing a great job!

]
February 18th, 2008, 09:33 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It does get a little easier as far as the getting through the day aspect. I think my favorite times were between 4mos and 9mos....

Come complain to us all you want...we understand!!
February 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
There were times when I wished that I worked outside of the home when mine were babies . . . but it did get better . . . I used to load them up in the van and take them for a ride . . . it seemed to soothe them. Also, I'd take a "day trip" to the mall and just push them around in the stroller . . . it was a change of scenery and they'd fall asleep on the way home and I could carry them in the house in their car seats and they'd sleep for awhile . . . then the older ones would get home from school and wake them up!! Looking back, I wouldn't trade it for anything . . . but I don't always know how I got through it, either!!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
February 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I don't have children yet but wanted to say HUUUGS

Would separating them at nap time help? Then maybe they wouldn't wake each other up?

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

February 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
gregorystwinsisters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to gregorystwinsisters Send a message via Yahoo to gregorystwinsisters
It will get better. I honestly do not know how I got through the first six months....but trust me, once they started sleeping through the night, things slowly got better. My girls were about 5mos old when they started sleeping 12 hours per night.

And dont worry, as they get older, they will get used to each others cries. I never separated them during night or naps just for that reason. It was hard to deal with at first but now my girls can sleep through the other one crying with no problems. They dont even flinch if the other one is awake screaming or making noise.

Now my girls are 14mos old and its a whole new stage. They are into everything, they talk, they walk, they throw food, they fight, etc. My moms friend has twins that are grown (22yrs old now) and she told me it gets better when they move out. LOL
February 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM
shh...I wasn't gonna tell them that it hasn't gotten "easier" in the past 5 years.....the challenges just change....
February 18th, 2008, 02:07 PM
gregorystwinsisters's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to gregorystwinsisters Send a message via Yahoo to gregorystwinsisters
Quote:
shh...I wasn't gonna tell them that it hasn't gotten "easier" in the past 5 years.....the challenges just change....[/b]
Yea it hasnt gotten "easier" , just new challenges....
February 18th, 2008, 03:21 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I don't know if it gets easier, but things change. I still have days where I am clinging to my sanity by a thread. I don't miss the fussy baby stage, but the obnoxious 2 1/2 year old stage isn't really "better." There was a year or so in there where it got pretty easy though. Once they get past the fussy stage but can't walk yet. I miss those days.
February 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
those were a good couple of months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search