I just had twin boys, 7 weeks early.

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Veteran
I'm not the only mom out there with an 11 month gap between her oldest child and twins, DH has a coworker who went through the same thing! We wanted to have another child close in age to Maverick, our oldest. But we weren't expecting to get pregnant so quickly, and espically not with twins! On 2-5-08, exactly 11 months after our oldest was born (to the day, his bday is 3-5-07) our twin boys were born 7 1/2 weeks premature. They're in NICU and doing okay, they'll be there 4-6 weeks. I'm stressed by what I remember from one newborn, times two and add in a toddler. I'm already tired, I pump every 2-3 hours and Maverick's sleep has been odd. He's been getting up a lot lately after only getting up once a night. Our neighbors are so noisy upstairs, even if we do get to bed early we don't get to sleep until they decide to stop stomping around and playing music.

Things with Maverick did get better, as my mom told me they would. It took about 6 months before he could hold his own bottle, put himself to sleep after I laid him down when I recognized his sleepy signs, and amuse himself for very short periods. At 11 months those crazy first months are dim and seem so long ago. He's gotten hard in different ways, he's very head strong and I'm constantly saying no and chasing him down and he can be clingy (more so after I got home from the hospital). But he's eating solids and table food now, so he's no longer a fussy baby when we go out. The thing I've learned from having him is that kids are difficult, being a parent is not an easy job. You conquer on challenge and another pops up. But no matter how frustrating Maverick can get he makes up for it with his toothy smiles and obvious love and happiness I see on his face when he sees me in the morning.

So, these things I must remember when I'm so tired I could cry and the thought of eating seems like it'd take too much energy. When things seem to be the worst, I know that these times will pass quickly. And someday I'll miss how my babies needed me so completely. But I'd love advice on raising twins, any advice. As the twins get older, it'll be like having triplets.

February 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
lilly_&_hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My twins are only 3 weeks old and they've only been home 1 week. They were born at 32 weeks 2 days - and spent 17 days in the NICU. You sound exhausted.... I was so tired the entire time the twins were in the hospital. Everything (literally.... everything) felt like a chore. Just like you said - even eating felt like work. It was hard to have enough energy to take a shower some nights.

Now that we're home - things are so much better. I'm able to sit in comfort and I feel so much better having the babies home with us.

I can't relate with having another child at home to parent. But, I just wanted to let you know that you will be okay. The NICU time will be behind you soon (I bet you won't be there longer than 3-4 weeks.... all of a sudden they'll be talking with you about taking your little guys home - it happens FAST when they're ready to come home).

Keep your chin up. You can do this!!

February 19th, 2008, 12:52 AM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! You do sound tired, but hang in there. We're here if you need advise.

]
February 19th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
((HUGS)) I have no advice for you but you sound tired and wore out!! Hope your little men come home to you soon so you can rest easly knowing that they are with you!!

February 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
The first few months are always the most tiring. Hang in there and know that things will get better!
February 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Just wanted to wish you some luck. My babies aren't here yet so I don't have any advice, but I know you can do it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search