conceived twins on clomid?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
hi, I'm not really a mom or expecting mom of multiples, but I would like to be. If I don't get pregnant this cycle, then either next month or the month after I'm going to try clomid. I am really hopeful of twins, but it's unlikely in my family. I have heard that some days are more likely to cause twins while taking clomid, and I was wondering how many of you conceived twins while on clomid,what days and dosages, and if you were taking anything else. Also, if twins run in your family or not.

I have always wanted a big family, and I know DH will be done after this one. I have 2 boys 18 months apart, and I would love to have twin girls and be done. I know I should be thrilled with the idea of getting pregnant at all, I just would like to know if there's anything I can do to increase the odds of twins. Thanks for any input you can give me, even if you think I'm crazy!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

February 19th, 2008, 05:08 PM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
I'm not sure what the dosage was, but I got preggo with frat b/g twins after one cycle of clomid . . . the doc said that she didn't think it was the clomid that caused the twins, but you'll never convince me!! I had gone through 3 m/c and doc said I wasn't ovulating, so she wanted to jump start me . . . I sure got jump started, alright!!! I wasn't taking anything else and twins don't run in either of our families . . .

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
February 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Veteran
Hi. I conceived fraternal g/g twins on clomid. I was on the low dose (50 mg), and it was my first round. I believe I have a grandmother on my father's side who had twins, but those are the only known twins in the family. We definitely weren't expecting it. Like you, I think I just wasn't ovulating. It gave me a great kick start. I wasn't on any other drugs, but I did just have the procedure where they inject ink into the ovaries to see if they are blocked up.

February 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasnt on anything BUT I wanted to wish you tons of luck!
February 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I was taking Clomid. It was our third cycle with the meds. My doctor still isn't sure if it was definitely two eggs or one split. I have a couple sets of fraternal twins on my family's side and none that we know of on DH's. We were on vacation when we conceived and did a lot of BDing so my DH swears that is why there are two.

February 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
I was on 50mg of Clomid days 5-9. I am a twin and have twins on both sides of my family.

Good luck.

February 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no drugs here...first month ttc....lots of bding though
February 23rd, 2008, 06:57 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
thanks for the info ladies! I'm hoping I'm not going to make it to my next cycle but if I do, I'm definitely going to try the clomid. Hopefully I get a BFP in the next couple of weeks and it miraculously turns out to be twins! lol doubtful, but you never know!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

February 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Lcoots's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on Clomid 50mg, first mo...

I read a lot about CLomid and it said if you take it earlier in your cycle, like cd2-6 you will more likely produce more eggs, taking it cd 5-9 will produce higher quality, but more likely LESS eggs..

I took clomid cd 2-6 and popped out 2 eggs...My twins are now 4mo old...
February 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
mighttyjomomma
Wasn't on clomid, but want to wish you luck!!! Let us know how it goes and feel free to come back and visit (twins or not!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search