Scared to travel with all 3 boys

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
We have been on one major trip with all 3 boys. We went to Chicago when the twins were about 8 months old. We drove though, so it was pretty easy. Plus, it is only a 9 hour drive and we had 3 adults in the car. We are flying to CA in May and I'm nervous as heck! The twins have never been on an airplane and Quinn has flown once when he was 6 months old. I should probably add, I've never flown with any of them. DH flew with Quinn. Do I need car seats for all 3 on the plane? If so, that is going to be hard as heck to deal with during our layover. I'm hoping we aren't getting in over our heads.
February 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I flew from california to chicago last summer with dh and the 3 kids. The twins were 4 and katelyn was 2. I took katelyn in her carseat (bought the thing you screw onto the bottom which turns it into a stroller). If I had to do it all over again I would just buy her a regular seat...she wanted to be like her big bro and sis. If you do travel with the carseats make sure the seat is FAA approved (britax are) and ask for a seat belt extended to buckle it in with (it will buckle without it but its heck to remove).

I packed lots of snacks and basically fed them the entire time. We also traveled jet blue (they fly into long beach direct for o'hare btw) so each kid had a tv on the back of their seat with cartoon network. We brought books and coloring stuff but no one really did any of that. They did each have their special stuffed animal though.

Its really not as bad as I thought it would be.
February 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
mighttyjomomma
I've not flown with the kids, so I'm not sure. Maybe contact the airline?
February 25th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
You'd have to ask the airline, but I don't think they require car seats. I would advise packing lots of "to do" activities and snacks. Also give them tylenol about 20 minutes before getting on the plane - my first ride was when we found out I have a bad ear reaction to the pressure change! The tylenol will aliviate that before it starts. Also, just relax - it will help the kids relax and so what if they fuss - they're kids. If you ask, the kids may get to sit in the cockpit for a minute when the ride is over and they may get coloring books and flight pins for their first flight. We mentioned it was my friends first flight and they came out with all this kid stuff for her - she was 22! Have fun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search