Morning sickness

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Was your morning sickness worse with multiples???

February 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My morning sickness was worse with my last child (a singleton) than with the twins. With the twins it was bad for the first 3 months or so and tolerable where I could still eat somewhat normally most of the time. With my singleton it lasted all 9 months and I lived on ginger pills and saltines.
February 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
my morning sickness with the twins was so bad that the doc put me on phenergan . . . I lost weight up until the second trimester, no matter what I did . . . popcicles work great! Best of luck . . . once I got over it though, it didn't come back and I felt great!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
February 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Mine is worse, but I never carried my singletons longer than 8 weeks so it's hard to tell really. My m/s has gotten worse starting about week 13, go figure! It used to be evening sickness, now it's "most of the time" sickness.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

February 22nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I didn't have any morning sickness. I was kind of confused about this since I've never really experienced morning sickness and I had heard it's more common to have with multiples. My doctor said to count my blessings. Not everyone gets morning sickness with multiples and I should consider myself lucky since it still is considered more common to have it with multiples. How bad it is depends on how your body is reacting to the hormone changes and that can be different with each pregnancy.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
February 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the responses. I feel awful and I *hope* the morning sickness goes away soon!

I couldn't imagine having it for 9 months!!

February 23rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sucked but on the plus side I only gained 35lbs with that pregnancy...

Seriously...my magic cure is ginger pills found at health/whole food stores.
February 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
mighttyjomomma
Ya'll would hate me.. I didn't have any m/s with either of my pregnancies.. LOL
February 23rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning sicknes is no fun! Mine was worse with the twins and I had it all day long. I never was actually sick, I just felt like I was going to be, all day long! It did get better after about week 13.

I hope you feel better soon.

]
February 23rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was feeling crudy alot during the pregnany. If I didnt eat every 2 hours I was sick... So at night I would often wake up to eat lol
February 25th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I had morning sickness (all day sickness) from 8 to 13/14 weeks. I was miserable - the doctor finally put me on antinusea meds - they took the sickness away, gave me enough time to eat and maybe watch a movie, then knocked me out for anywhere from 8-14 hours! I could only take it when I knew I could just sleep, but the relief was worth the sleep. Some of my favorite things to get though it were: flattened-roomtemp gingerale, preggie pop drops, pepermint disks, lemon candy, fresh lemon in cold water, mashpoatatoes, and sleep (at least I didn't feel sick when I slept). I have felt better since, but still get gaggy sometimes - usually when I am hungry or tired. If I take care of the problem (either eat or sleep) I feel better instantly. Hang in there, it does get better!

February 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Thank you, everyone. I am definitely trying to hang in there. Just feel blah all the time!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search