Potty training multiples

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I need advice on how to go about potty training the twins! Anyone who has BTDT, could you please share with me how you did it? TIA!
February 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
mighttyjomomma
Wish I could help, I am in the same boat. I am working on just one at a time for now, since Mianna isn't interested anyway and shes got the personality where you can't force her to do ANYTHING.
February 28th, 2008, 07:21 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First let me say that although I got it done it wasn't easy, fun or really my doing in the end

I started and stopped about 3 times because I wanted them out of diapers before number 3 arrived. Each time they weren't ready. My dd also figured out that she could get out of stuff if she just said she had to go potty (like picking up, or time out). I remember that when they turned 3 I just threw up my hands and said that they could go to college in diapers...I was over it About a week later my dd looked at me and said she had to go potty. Go figure....literally a week after I stopped trying she was potty trained in 2 days My son followed her lead a month later.

We had a sticker chart by the downstairs bathroom and they got a sticker for each time they went. After so many stickers they got a toy (started with 5 stickers, then 10 then 15). DS actually didn't care until he noticed his sister was getting attention and he wasn't and she was getting stuff and he wasn't.

Good Luck...I think potty training is one of the hardest things we do as parents. With my youngest I am totally letting her lead (she has been potty sitting for about a year now....but only gone about 15 times ). I figure she will do it when she is ready....just like the twins did.

February 28th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I might just let them potty train themselves. That is what my oldest did. Granted, he wasn't potty trained until a few months ago, but I can live with that if it means no battles.
February 28th, 2008, 08:16 AM
mighttyjomomma
I'm really not rushing Kaleigh or Mianna... Kaleigh will let me know when she is ready, she is just that kind of person... of the two, I already know Mianna will be the most difficult. SHE might be going to college in diapers!

Anica wasn't too tough to PT, she had it down pat within a week. I was scared I would have trouble with having her make BM in the potty, but it was never an issue. Lets hope I'm that lucky the 2nd and 3rd time around!
February 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Regular
i started them both at with there own potty chairs and every fifteen minutes i put them on the potty (15 to 20 min) and kota was potty trained within 4 hrs and jordyn it just took a few days kota hasn't had accidents sence but jordyn had probs with number2 and jordyn still has night time issues. good luck
March 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
We don't have potty chairs at the moment since Kendric ate part of his potty seat. So I'm just going to wait a few months and try to get them to go on the big toilet with the smaller seat on it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search