Naming twins?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Did you have a difficult time coming up with names for two babies at once??
Did you opt for matchy names or completely different names?
Why did you choose the names you chose?

DH and I have a boy name and a girl name that we like, not necessarily together, but we don't have the slightest clue for a duplicate name! I'm afraid even after we know the sexes of the babies we'll have a difficult time picking two names we like together.

March 3rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you have a difficult time coming up with names for two babies at once?? We came up with 3 names real easy then a few months later the 4th came

Did you opt for matchy names or completely different names? Well our 2 girls names were.. Alyssa and Pheobe .. wanna hear the funny story? I know you said yes! haha Dh is a HUGE Alyssa Milano (sp) fan So thats where Alyssa came from and Pheobe is her charator on Charmed haha
Then our 2 boys names where Jack Lee after DH's brother whom died and Lee is his teen cousin that was killed in 06... Zander came from XXX with Vin Diesel lol...

So then we had to break it down if it were boy girl... So Alyssa stayed at the top and so did Jack.. But about a month before I had them we didnt like naming the baby Jack after his brother cause there is already 3 Jacks in the family.. So we took Zander and did Zander Jack Lee for the middle name

Why did you choose the names you chose? Guess I answered that above

sorry if I rambled
March 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We only had one boy name....had to have a sean micheal...don't ask me why. Don't know what we would have done if it had been 2 boys because we could not come with another one to save our lives. We came up with two girl ones relatively easy...Elizabeth Marie and Lindsey Ann...when we found out there was only going to be one girl we just combined the two first names into Lindsey Elizabeth.

I am not into matching names....Although if you look at all 3 of my kids they have english, irish names.....not planned, just happened.
March 3rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
Did you have a difficult time coming up with names for two babies at
once?? no
Did you opt for matchy names or completely different names? completely different names . . .
Why did you choose the names you chose? Ashley Rose . . . I just liked it . . . I actually picked Rose after Kate Winslet in Titanic . . . she was soooo pretty in the movie!! and named Robbie after his daddy!!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
March 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Did you have a difficult time coming up with names for two babies at once?? For two boys, yes. for a boy and girl, no. for two girls, no. But we have two boys so... yes.

Did you opt for matchy names or completely different names? Different names. It was not intended that both boys have the "k" sound to the beginning of their names. but we wanted different names.

Why did you choose the names you chose? We already were set on Kiefer Charles even before we knew we were having boys. My hubby wanted a 3 syllable name to go with Frank so we went through all baby names we could find with 3 or more syllables. Cameron and Sebastian came up a few times, but we just kept going back to Cameron. It just sounded nice and it fit. The middle names were to honor our fathers so that we were set on before the first names were decided on.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
March 3rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
Did you have a difficult time coming up with names for two babies at once?? No. If they had been girls, however, it would have been a different story!
Did you opt for matchy names or completely different names? Completely different. I didn't want them to sound alike. We did pick Scottish names though, since we wanted all our kids to have Scottish names.
Why did you choose the names you chose? Because we both agreed on them and they are both Scottish names.
March 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Well our 2 girls names were.. Alyssa and Pheobe .. wanna hear the funny story? I know you said yes! haha Dh is a HUGE Alyssa Milano (sp) fan So thats where Alyssa came from and Pheobe is her charator on Charmed haha
Then our 2 boys names where Jack Lee after DH's brother whom died and Lee is his teen cousin that was killed in 06... Zander came from XXX with Vin Diesel lol...[/b]
This cracks me up!! Sounds like I just need to watch more t.v. to name my kids!!! I would have never related the girl's names to that show! How creative!!!

Thank you for all the replies! I don't know what we're going to do. Sounds like we just have to wait for the names to 'come to us.'

March 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
My son Austin was from Days of our Lives......

Zachery was from Saved by the bell.....
March 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
blutopaztwins's Avatar Veteran
<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua">Too Funny!
I love the stories behind the names!

DH & I said if we ever got pregnant he would get to name the Boy (because that is all DH has ever wanted was a little man) and if I had a girl (because I thought that is for sure is what I would have coming from a family of all girls practically.)

Well we found out it was Twinciles and DH said same rule applies; I went ahead and said okay. I thought for sure I was having GG Twins. At 18 Weeks Baby B was a Baby Boy and DH said “that’s my Austin Zachary” One of our funniest/most memorable trips. Asked DH what if we have BB I have to be able to name the other and he said “No, I get to name the other boy.” At 24 Weeks we found out Baby A was a Girl and I wanted Haeleigh or Bryleigh the initials would be (HO & B.O.) or Ambree-Lyn (But DH hated that middle name) but That Wouldn’t be Kosher at All/Not good; so I went with Kaeleigh and her Middle Name was a combo of my sisters names! </span>
</div>

</div>
March 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
HAHAHA to the Austin Zachary!! thats my boys haha
March 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM
I really do need to watch more t.v.!!

March 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM
mighttyjomomma
Crystal you crack me up, SERIOUSLY.

Ok, so here's mine:

Did you have a difficult time coming up with names for two babies at once??
Not really, we just changed them a lot
Did you opt for matchy names or completely different names? We wanted completely different names.
Why did you choose the names you chose? We wanted "non-twin" names to establish that they aren't just twins, but two completely separate individuals with the same birthday... Mianna was hubbys choice, he couldn't decided between Mia and Makenna so he mushed them together, and Kaleigh was one name that absolutely stuck out in my head with baby naming books, so I went with my gut instinct.
March 6th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
We had a HARD time coming up with names..

I always wanted Logan as a boys name but DH didnt. But when we found out they were boys he like Lucas and I like Logan so it just stuck....

But also we didnt even pick names at all until we found out the sexes of the baby. Saved a lot of debating...

March 7th, 2008, 03:56 PM
mommaEL's Avatar Regular
we had a pretty easy time coming up with the names, we both knew that we wanted the twins to have the same initials without being too matchy, we were really hoping that we would have boy girl and we did!, so the names we came up with were Ayla Mariana and Ashton Micah. i picked there first names and he picked the middle names, Ayla and Ashton were two names i just really loved and i couldn't get my mind off of. my husband actually picked the middle names Mariana and Micah because they were the names of twins in our 1st grade class that told us they wanted us to get married one day, it was something he always remembered.

</div>
March 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
We are still having trouble with picking names! we are picking ones we like, not ones that "match". We had two girl names and one boy name picked until we found out it was two girls - in the u/s when we found out the sexes, DH said he really didn't like the second girl name we had picked! Uggggg! We have Serenity Grace as a deffinate and the second one will be one of the following: Arianna, Amya, Irelynn, Makenna, or Kennedy with Rose as the middle name.(right now Arianna and Amya are tied for first choice - and Arianna was our original pick!) DH picked Serenity before he and I ever met! When we had been dating for about three months he told me our first child would be a girl and her name would be Serenity! He didn't tell me I was in for twins! Grace and Rose were names I liked (Grace is just pretty and Rose is my favorite flower). We both like unusual names but want some "normal" name that they can go by if they don't like their unusual name.

March 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we had a horrible time. We already had 3 boys, so we were out of boy names that we liked!! I insisted on Cooper, he insisted on Ryder so we both gave in to the other.

March 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Quote:
my husband actually picked the middle names Mariana and Micah because they were the names of twins in our 1st grade class that told us they wanted us to get married one day, it was something he always remembered.[/b]
That melts my heart!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search