I got a new stroller!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
And I cant' believe I forgot to tell you all about it! Wyatt out grew his carseat, so I was needing to switch him and Emerson over to their other seats, but was stalling because I love my Snap and Go, and HATE my other stroller (thankfully it was loaned to us, so I'm not out any money).

I have been researching the Contours tandem by Kolcraft, and I love almost everything about it, but the problem was that I couldn't find it in any store around here. And if I'm going to spend $200 on something I wanted to try it out some first...

Well.. This weekend I found it in a store near my MIL! So I was able to try it out and I loved it, AND since DH was with me, I was able to get the go ahead to buy it!! SO here are some pictures of it!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
March 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that thing is cool...does the front seat turn?

They have such better twin stroller now!!
March 5th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yes, both seats do. They can both face each other, face away from each other, face forward, and face backwards. It was can hold 2 carriers! I wish I would have seen this stroller when I was PG, because I think I would have bought it instead of the snap and go.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the snap and go, but then way I wouldn't have had to buy 2 strollers

March 5th, 2008, 02:40 PM
blutopaztwins's Avatar Veteran
<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua">Very Nice, I was looking at those the other day too! Not because we need another believe me I have two but because I want another style and different color! </span></div>

</div>
March 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so cool!

]
March 6th, 2008, 05:58 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
That looks really neat! I was wondering about that one, but we couldn't find it at any of the stores around us either. I ended up getting the Eddie Bauer Transit Tandem since it was 50% off. I bet my boys would love to face each other!
March 6th, 2008, 02:01 PM
mighttyjomomma
Wow, that's awesome! I wish I would've known about it when I was pregnant, I probably would have bought that too!!! I loved my snap n go though, it was VERY convenient and lightweight!! I have a Graco side by side that I rarely use anymore, but I found it a lot easier to steer than the front and back kind!
March 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Ohhh COOL!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if they sell any like that up here. I would love to try it out. How does it fold up? Does it fold up small??

March 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
How does it fold..

Not, that small.. I have a single graco stroller, and I'd say, a little bigger then that. You are supposed to remove one of the seats to get it to fold and lock into place, but it can be folded with both seats still in it, just lock.

I'll try to get some more pictures of it so you can see how it folds.

The only place that I have found it in the store was Shopko, but I could by it on-line at Walmart, Target, and Jcpenney's.. (but your in Canada, so that probably doesn't help you)

March 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
So, I am confused, do car seats still fit in it? Or in order to use it you have to take the babies out of the car seats and place them in the stroller???

We're going to have to pick a stroller very soon!!

March 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I want this stroller - we found it at babies r us and played with it for about an hour! And yes it can hold two carriers! (there are attachments that replace the seats that will hold almost any type of carrier) I do wish it came in other colors! I would love it in light blue or green! No it doesn't fold very little, but i bet most double strollers don't. (at least the ones we got to see didn't) It was also the first one I found that would work for two infants and wasn't designed for one infant and one toddler.

March 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Quote:
So, I am confused, do car seats still fit in it? Or in order to use it you have to take the babies out of the car seats and place them in the stroller???

We're going to have to pick a stroller very soon!![/b]

It comes with car seat attachments. You remove the red seats and use the carseat holders instead. It only comes with one, so you have to buy the other one.

Here is Walmarts webpage for it.. If you look at the extra pictures, you will see it with once carseat and one seat, for two carseats, your remove the front red seat and attach the other adapter.. Hope this helps!!

Contours options tandem stroller

March 12th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Wow thanks! That looks really cool!

March 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
AAAHHH! DH and I just added that same stroller to our registry! We tested it at Babies R Us.

I was so torn because I really wanted a lightweight frame stroller, but what sold me is that this one is SO easy to maneuver, and that when you put in the baby seats, they don't "click" in (like with the Graco) but instead strap on in one easy movement. It seemed like it would be a lot easier on the baby & not as likely to wake them up when they are strapped in.

I like how it folds down fairly easily (not as easily as the Graco Quattro though) and is flat when it folds down. Of course I LOVE how the babies can face each other! Or not. The final selling point was that we can use it longer than a year, not true with the frame stroller.

It even fits the bigger SafeSeat step 1 car seats - we checked.

Congrats!!!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search