I found a stroller!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2008, 11:44 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Ok, I found the stroller we want. It's the new Graco G Galore duo stroller. I love this stroller! The back seat sits a little higher than the front seat so the baby can see in front of him. It does allow for two infant car seats. it'll fit either the Graco snugride or the Graco safeseat. It's a little heavy, but it feels so smooth to push around. The handles allow for different grips that may be more comfortable for different situations. It also folds very small so I should have no problem fitting it into the back of my car. I currently have an SUV, but my husband is looking into getting a sedan, so it's a little bit of a future concern.

Now this is the problem. The G Galore pattern is our favorite. There is a G Galore infant car seat but it is only offered with the single travel system and not as a stand alone. I think the duo model is just so new that they never released the G Galore infant car seats to go with it. This ticks me off. I'd rather get matching seats for the stroller, but I am willing to go to a different color car seat that looks ok with the G Galore pattern (mostly brown [lighter than the French Roast pattern brown]), but the little 'G' squares are multicolored so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to find a complimentary color.

I'm going to call the Graco company on Monday and see if they would offer the G Galore pattern to the duo stroller any time soon or if I can special order them.

Here's the stroller I like...

I know it's hard to see from teh picture, but the back seat is a little higher than the front seat. It's also not in the picture, but there is an adapter that goes in front that allows you to put in a car seat.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
March 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
sonnetjie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That looks great! I hope you find car seats that match.

]
March 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
mighttyjomomma
Wow, looks great! Hope you get the seats you want to go with it!
March 9th, 2008, 04:37 PM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
That is a nice stroller! We looked at that one before we got ours, but decided it was too heavy. I bet Graco will sell the seats to you.
March 10th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I too remember it being heavy, but my husband will be doing most of the work anyhow since he'll be a SAHD. When I'm around. Also I figured I'll just roll it in to the car. Not too much of a big deal. We just love the way it feels and the back seat doesn't drop down without full support. Some of the other models that were lighter had a back seat that you needed two hands to unlock and when doing so, the seat would just fall down backwards. I would not be able to support the seat and I'd be too nervous that my child would just fall backwards. He wouldn't get hurt, but it would be disturbing and a bit of a ride on the way down...you can forget him taking a nap in the back seat.

**Update** I called Graco and they said the retailer never ordered the car seats to go with the g galore duo stroller. How silly is that?!? If I were to really want matching car seats, I'd have to buy car seats with a different fabric, then order the fabric (3 pieces each costing something) to install myself. Not that I care about installing the fabric, but it would cost more! I might as well just get seats that look ok with the stroller. BAH! that's so frustrating. Every other system from Graco has a matching seat to go with the stroller but this one! Go figure. it's usually my luck. I liek the difficult stuff. Ahh well. No biggy. It's the seats that count, not the looks.

March 10th, 2008, 08:55 AM
mighttyjomomma
Quote:
Yeah, I too remember it being heavy, but my husband will be doing most of the work anyhow since he'll be a SAHD. When I'm around. Also I figured I'll just roll it in to the car. Not too much of a big deal. We just love the way it feels and the back seat doesn't drop down without full support. Some of the other models that were lighter had a back seat that you needed two hands to unlock and when doing so, the seat would just fall down backwards. I would not be able to support the seat and I'd be too nervous that my child would just fall backwards. He wouldn't get hurt, but it would be disturbing and a bit of a ride on the way down...you can forget him taking a nap in the back seat.

**Update** I called Graco and they said the retailer never ordered the car seats to go with the g galore duo stroller. How silly is that?!? If I were to really want matching car seats, I'd have to buy car seats with a different fabric, then order the fabric (3 pieces each costing something) to install myself. Not that I care about installing the fabric, but it would cost more! I might as well just get seats that look ok with the stroller. BAH! that's so frustrating. Every other system from Graco has a matching seat to go with the stroller but this one! Go figure. it's usually my luck. I liek the difficult stuff. Ahh well. No biggy. It's the seats that count, not the looks.[/b]
That DOES sound silly!!

So are you just going to get a similar pattern instead?

When the twins were babies I ended up just using a snap n go until they were out of their carseats, then I had a Graco side by side and another double stroller (I think it was Kolcraft?) that was front and back, but I ended up liking my side by side better, I thought it was easier to steer.
March 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I mentioned it to my DH and he wants to get the fabric to match. He loves this pattern and doesn't want to give it up. I'm fine with it. If he changes his mind, then we'll just get a pattern that looks nice with the g galore pattern.

We wanted a front an back because we were concerned about squeezing through narrow doorways. This particular model has handles that are supposed to make it easier to turn with the extra weight. I don't know if that actually will make a difference, but I guess we'll find out

March 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
That is very similar to the one we like. The pattern is a little different.
Stroller

We opted to go with the Lexington because it has the car seats that match. Also, it is the biggest collection, so it actually has a play yard, swing, bouncer seat and high chair that match as well. I really like the multicolored pattern you guys picked! I can't understand why Graco doesn't complete ALL their collections!

March 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM
We saw that pattern. Came very close to choosing that one, but we just like the G Galore better. So I guess this means spending the extra $100 to get the matching fabric .

My DH just said to me, "No more second guessing. The G Galore is the one we are getting and same with the fabric." I guess that means I should stop looking.

March 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Well I like the one you picked as well... and I think it's awesome that your husband doesn't mind the expense!

March 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I love it!!! I love that both babies can see. I've heard that when they get a little older they don't always like being in back because their view is blocked. I haven't seen the G Galore, but we did look at the Duo Quattro I think it's called.

You can always get a carseat cover, and that way you can protect against accidents & get a non-matching carseat at the same time.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search