We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I had a growth check with the perinatologist today and the Dr. came back with some devistating news. Baby B isn't doing very well. She isn't getting enough blood through the umbilical cord - the Dr. said she attached too far away from the blood supply. She is measuring 22 weeks and baby a is measuring 25+ weeks and there is a 36% gap between their growth. Worst case senario is I will have to decide between having them both born as early as 27 weeks and hope they both will be ok or letting baby b go and hope that my body doesn't go into labor when she passes and baby a can go full term. I feel absolutly torn to a million pieces. Right now the Dr. is monitoring them every two weeks and recomending steroid shots. I am so scared and have a million questions with no answers. Has anyone else been through this? Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.
I don't have any words to help, but I do belong to a much bigger Multiples board and have posted your questions there.. (I hope that is alright) As soon as I hear back from someone I will let you know..
I'm sorry you have to go through this
I have a hopeful update - my ob doesn't think baby b is as bad off as the other doctor did. there is a discrepency and it needs to be watched, but she should be ok for now. he is sending me for a second opinion to a doctor highly recommended by local moms that have needed him. I feel relieved and am looking forward to this next appointment. my little peanut is a fighter with a strong heart beat! for now i am resting on my left side as often as i can and extra protein has been recommended by other moms. i have asked about one being born first leaving the other one in to "bake" a little longer, but the doctor today didn't think that would be an option, but I will ask the neonatologist when we go for our second opinion.