I'm so tired, with no chance of a rest

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Veteran
Poor Maverick went through 3 sets of p.j.s last night with the nastiest diarrhea ever. It smelled so bad. So now he is very whiny and irritable because he's so tired and feels so lousy. I gave him baby cereal last night and that went right through. So now I'm scared to give him any solids. He is drinking his bottle though.

The twins are not sleeping well. Marshall still does better than Miles. Miles seems to be eating more like every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Is this normal for a preemie or newborn. I can't remember Maverick getting up that soon to eat. It is so tiring. Then they both fuss for a half hour of more before going to sleep. They sleep much better during the day and go right down after eating without fussing. I think they have nights and days turned around. How can I help them get it right. So they fuss less at night when going down to sleep. If they slept the way they do during the day at night, it'd be much easier.

I hope my Maverick gets better soon. I hate seeing him sick and hate cleaning up the nasty messes. His bottom is getting raw and he's so tired and cranky. I pray that DH and I don't get it like we did last time. So far I'm just quesy because I'm so stressed and worried about my babies. BTW Miles has a hydrocele and we spent 5 hours in the ER the other night because I didn't know why his testicle was swollen. He'll be okay.

DH's DD is here and keeps carrying Maverick around, which he hates. So I just got all 3 babies calmed down from a screaming fit. I was losing it. She doesn't listen when I ask her to stop picking Maverick up because he wants to walk by himself and so he just screams. He's not feeling well as it is. Plus I don't want her to catch it. She was woken up by the babies last night and DH was upset. I wish he hadn't promised her this visit, he didn't think about how hard it would be. Now he's at work and I have 4 kids to take care of. 1 of whom is sick, 2 who need to be fed constantly and another who gets so bored so quickly. I got smart and gave her her bath this morning, so when she and DH get back from their outing tonight I can go straight to bed after Maverick does. I wish Maverick and I could go on outings, but he's sick and I'm stuck at home with the babies.

The funny thing was I was starting to feel like I had it together, until Maverick got sick and SD came. I find myself getting very impatient, I feel like running away. This is pretty stressful, but SD goes home on Saturday and Maverick will be feeling better soon I hope. Our lives will go back to their usual boring ways soon enough. I can do this, I can be strong enough to get no sleep and get through the days. My babies need me and I will not get sick because lord help us all if I do. I wish my mom lived closer right now, actually I wish that every day.

I've learned with 3 babies, that if it's not one thing it's another.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search