Several Weight Watchers recipes w/ home-made pics

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Low Fat/Healthy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whenever we make a new recipe I snap a pic so I can print it alongside the recipe in my recipe book. I want all of my recipes organized and matching. I also want my daughter to be able to flip through at the pictures and help me decide what to make for dinner. I want the pictures to be realistic, so that's why I use my own instead of ones off the internet.

Anyway, these are some of the WW recipes I had typed up and I posted them on my board for a friend and figured I'd share here too.

Tortellini Primavera with Pesto Sauce (weight watchers)

1 - 9 oz. pkg of frozen cheese tortellini
1- 16 oz. pkg frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables
1 - 8 oz. carton fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons pesto
teaspoon salt
cup (1 oz.) fresh parmsean cheese
⅛ teaspoon ground pepper

Cook tortellini and vegetables in 3 quarts boiling water 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Drain and return to pan.
Combine sour cream, pesto, and salt, stirring well. Gently stir sour cream mixture into pasta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper. Serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings, 7 points.

--------------
(weight watchers) Barbecue Meatloaf Recipe
1 pound ground round
cup barbecue sauce, divided
cup frozen chopped onion, pressed dry
cup Italian-Seasoned dry breadcrumbs
2 large egg whites
teaspoon pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375F

2. Combine meat, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, onion, breadcrumbs, egg whites, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well.

3. Shape mixture into a 7x5" loaf on a rack in a roasting pan. Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over loaf. Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.

Yield: 4 servings.
Calories 228
Carbohydrate 10.4g
Fat 7.6g (saturated 2.6g)
Fiber 0.5g
Protein 27.7g

(I didn't have the right size pan when I baked this which is why it looks kinda weird.)

--------------------------
every sunday afternoon we throw this together and let it simmer for a few hours, its delicious and SO easy and great for leftovers:

Taco Soup

2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of mexi-corn
3 cans of beans (any kind: I like kidney, pinto & black)
1 pkg of taco seasoning

put into a pot and simmer for a while
1 cup of this is 1 weight watchers point

also good served with cheese & sour cream: chili-style
I occasionally add in whatever I have on hand -- in the photo below Ive also included diced green peppers & shredded grilled chicken

-----------------
This is also another big fav:
Weight Watchers Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

* 1 pound ground round
* 1 (15 ounce) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
* Cooking spray
* 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
* 1 cups (6 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 425.

Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated.

While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.

Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: 6 servings. Each serving is 6 Weight Watcher's points.
*I always add whatever 0 point veggies I have on hand such as mushrooms, onions & peppers.

----------------
This is one of DH's all-time favorite meals. I think its OK. I don't care for cilantro but DH LOVES it. I just eat it without the cilantro.

Southwestern Chicken Pizza
1 (10 ounce) thin crust pizza (boboli)
cooking spray
1 cup refried beans
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles; drained
1 cups shredded chicken breast
1 cup reduced-fat mexican blend cheese
cup fresh salsa
chopped green onions
chopped fresh cilantro

1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet; lightly coat crust with cooking spray; bake at 475 for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine beans and chiles in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Spread bean mixture evenly over baked crust. Arrange chicken over beans. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
5. Bake at 475 for 9 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Spoon salsa onto pizza. Top with green onions and cilantro. Cut into 8 slices. Yield: 8 servings. 4 weight-watchers points.

February 24th, 2011, 06:53 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much for posting this.

I have printed it out and will try them.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 25th, 2011, 12:58 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
omg that taco soup looks awesome!!
March 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
BelleFleur22's Avatar Proud mama!!
I made the Tortellini Primavera last night, and it was a hit! Nice and easy after a long day, and super enjoyable! Thank you for sharing!
May 16th, 2011, 06:43 AM
These look amazing! And I love the idea of snapping a pic for your recipe book! I have a food blog, so I'm always taking pictures of my meals. But I love the idea of include the pics in the recipe book for your children too. I might just borrow that idea!

I know there are websites (I think Snapfish) where you can make books. My mom has made a few of my daughter and I for various holidays. You could probably get a recipe book printed out! That would be really cool.

And I can't wait to try these recipes. Losing weight is very challenging for me, since I love food. But it doesn't have to be when you have these tasty meal options!
May 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks I have a binder with the plastic pages to put the inserts into, and its divided up into sections for entrees, sides, appetizers, desserts, etc. I like the snapfish idea, but this is easier b/c I can do it one by one... I know if I wait until I have a lot saved up it'll get overwhelming, haha.

July 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Proud Happy Single Mom
Thanks for sharing, will be adding a few of these to my shopping list

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search