Paleo Pals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCMA Heath & Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 02:33 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Here's a thread for all Paleo conversation, recipes, tips, gripes, etc. etc. Giddy Up!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 5th, 2013, 02:34 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
YAY! You beat me - I just downloaded Well Fed...for free on Amazon Prime (borrow feature, I'm finally using haha) I also downloaded "Paleo Lunchbox" for free....

Melissa, help me out...what is a daily menu for you, can you give me some samples of BF, Lunch and Dinner? TYSM

I think my brown rice pasta and all beans are going to be the hardest (except for cheese...um hello...I'm from Wisconsin)...but my acupuncturist already told me dairy is not good for me as it is mucus forming .....and I had to give it up while BF, because it caused such havoc on poor lil Mallory...I know I can do it...my brown rice...we shall see LOL
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

September 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ha ha, I had borrowed it, too, but when my month ran out I decided to buy it. I actually WANT to support the people that made Paleo doable for me.

Will do menu, etc. later after the kids are in bed. It's time for the cook supper/feed kids/bathe kids/put jammies on kids/get kids their milk/get kids in bed/etc. circus for me
*Leah* likes this.

Melissa & DH

September 5th, 2013, 04:12 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I'm curious too. giving up rice and beans is going to be the hard part..not to mention I really don't like vegetables. I'm a sucky adult like that.
*Leah* likes this.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

September 5th, 2013, 06:27 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I thought pasta was going to be hard to give up, but I really don't miss it. Amazing!

We do have a cheat day (Saturday), although we're not nearly as tempted to cheat as we thought we would be. I always make buckwheat pancakes for breakfast, though...that's my big splurge for the week and I look forward to them

For breakfasts, the easiest thing for us is quiche. Everyone can eat it, DH can take it to work and reheat, and I can make it the night before. I just mix up a dozen eggs, onion, spices, protein (turkey breakfast sausage, ham, bacon, etc.), and chopped veggies, dump it in a 9x13 pan, and then in the morning it is ready to pop into the oven as soon as I get up. For veggies I use whatever we have...bell peppers, spinach, kale, tomatoes, eggplant, broccoli...really you can't go wrong.

Smoothies with protein powder are also great in the morning...quick and easy.

For lunches we often eat leftovers. I try to cook a lot for supper so we can have another meal, as it makes my days a lot easier if I don't have to cook a big lunch.

Here is what we had for supper this week:

Sunday: Huge spinach salad and Chocolate Chili (from Well Fed)

Monday: tuna and zucchini cakes, roasted veggies (eggplant, peppers, squash)

Tuesday: Turkey meatloaf, brussel sprouts, vegetable pasta (long strips of carrot, zucchini, and yellow squash cooked like fresh pasta)

Wednesday: Thai Stir Fry. Chicken breast with mango, red pepper, and green beans over a bed of Cauliflower Rice and Sunshine Sauce (from Well Fed).

Thursday: Swai fish (pan fried) with jicama home fries (from Well Fed) and broccoli.

Friday: Hot Plate (from Well Fed) with ground beef, tomato, mushrooms, olives, green peppers, and Pizza Seasoning (seasoning recipe from Well Fed). Tastes just like pizza. Served with a salad.

I borrowed a new CrockPot Paleo cookbook that I need to go through...just at a glance it looks like it will be awesome!

The biggest thing is just to get rid of all the stuff you aren't supposed to eat, at least for me. If it is available I will eat it It is a little tough because we still have dairy for the kids, and I'll admit to stealing a piece of Claire's cheese now and then
*Leah* and *Whiskey* like this.

Melissa & DH

Last edited by KMH; September 5th, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
September 5th, 2013, 09:03 PM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar waiting for a miracle...
Melissa - What is the name of the CrockPot Paleo book? I have been wanting to do more crockpot meals (and will esp in the winter with long work hours) and my hubs and I have talked about Paleo eating and this may help us switch over.
September 6th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Thanks Melissa! I hAve to say my julienne slicer from Pampered Chef is the BEST...I make "zucchini spaghetti" strips with it all the time and I do not miss the pasta...as long as I have a lot of sauce haha I need to dig more into that cookbook. Thanks! I LOVE Veggies...DH not so much. He likes green beans and peas, corn (which doesn't count) but we usually never eat the same thing anyhow lol....

I made my fav black bean salad last night without the beans haha (red/yellow/green bell peppers, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, jalapenos, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and diced avocados MMMMMM With Kalua Pork on the side...it's the first thing I ate in 2 days besides juice...

I'm down 2 lbs LOL and I've probably lost more than that, because AF showed today and I usually gain 2-3 lbs when she arrives LOL
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

September 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I am going to join you guys the first of the year after I have these babies. I need to do some research on Paleo and breastfeeding first though. I am hoping to nurse these little guys for as long as possible and not sure if that diet will work.

Do you guys know?
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
September 6th, 2013, 07:13 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
(This is just off of the top of my head...)

I would think Paleo would be totally fine with breastfeeding as long as you get your calories, and especially carbs, in!
*Leah* likes this.

Melissa & DH

September 6th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I agree that it would be good for bf...bc Mallory had a dairy intolerance and I had to give it up...I think you might want to add maybe brown rice or another good carb if you are bf twins...you'll need the calories.

Dairy is a huge issue for many bf babies...it's the first thing they tell you to cut out of your diet if they are fussy/gassy.
KMH likes this.

September 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
I agree with Melissa and Leah, Paleo would be good for breastfeeding.

I love faux-tatoes - mashed "potatoes" made from cauliflower.

We're almost already doing Paleo as it is. Last night we went over most of the things we eat frequently and there are things like dairy and pasta that we need to replace. I don't eat or drink a lot of dairy but I have to have milk in my coffee.

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
(easier in theory than practice!)
September 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
mrs.ceebee.0915's Avatar waiting for a miracle...
I am looking to buy some Paleo crockpot cook books this week, any suggestions on specific ones you ladies like? I work long hours, so I'm hoping to start crockpot meals again for the hubs and I. He has diabetes and we are finding out he is sensitive to dairy products (ie. can have a bowl of cereal, but not a large glass of milk) and possibly that the starches are messing with his blood sugar numbers A LOT recently, so he is finally agreeing to gives this Paleo diet a try (yay!). But I do most of the cookig and my hours have been extended recently and coming home later, it'd be awesome to have a meal ready (or half ready) so we don't eat too late either. Any Paleo cook book suggestions would be great, but specifically for crockpots would be better! There are just so many in amazon to choose from! TIA ladies!
September 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I LOVE dairy products. I think that's most of my diet - oh yeah and sugar too. : (
*Leah* likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
September 10th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Mrs Ceebee if you go to pinterest and search paleo crockpot you'll get a ton of recipes.

Gretchen - I love cheese but I only eat it once or twice a week. I would eat more of it but it hurts too much when I do lol.
mrs.ceebee.0915 likes this.

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
September 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I'm trying to be good, but it's hard! I've lost 7 lbs though ....I did buy some chocolate almond milk that has some sugar in it and while I've cut out wheat...I still have some sauces and stuff with a little sugar in it (not HFCS)...I'm doing better than I was!! Every little bit helps.

My favs so far this week are Pork lettuce cups (pork, carrots, water chestnuts, chopped snap peas in lettuce cups with Panda lettuce cup sauce) , Spaghetti with spicy italian sausage onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and zucchini "pasta" and I made Chicken veggie soup with Jalapenos last night (onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, chicken breast etc).....

I think I'm going to make orange chicken tonight....over cauliflower pilaf

My friend wanted to have pizza yesterday (a buffet), so I had two pieces (squares) of thin crust. bad bad bad on all counts (carb cheese, sugary tomato sauce) and NO PIZZA had veggies on it - all meat!! But I didn't have the dessert pizza or the fluffy garlic cheesy bread, and I had a big salad first. baby steps I guess...can't follow it all the time.

how is everyone else doing?

September 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Don't sweat the small stuff, Leah! I have yet to meet anyone who is 100% Paleo all the time, because it really is hard. You're doing great to lose 7 pounds! Every little bit helps, so just do your best and everything will be fine

I still haven't gone thru my new Paleo slow-cooker cookbooks...this week has gotten away from me. Maybe this weekend!
*Leah* likes this.

Melissa & DH

September 12th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I agree, I don't know anyone that is Paleo 100% of the time, even my most hardcore CrossFit buddies.

I have discovered over the years that when you're eating in a more healthy fashion, you should allow yourself a "cheat day." That is to say - one day a week you can eat (in moderation) the stuff you love lol. This helps keep you on track.
*Leah* likes this.

September 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM
eating the most delicious lunch of strips of avocado, diced chicken, roma tomatoes, bell pepper strips, cilantro and a squeeze of lemon...wrapped in lettuce. YUM

I watched...Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead yesterday...it helped me ditch my pasta lunch I was going to have (in my defense, it had hardly any pasta, just lots of veggies, sauce and sausage...but still) This is much cleaner!

Anyone see this movie?

Last edited by *Leah*; September 17th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
September 17th, 2013, 03:21 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I haven't seen that one...will check it out!

Getting ready to eat meatballs, mashed fauxtatoes, gravy, green beans, and a salad
*Whiskey* likes this.

Melissa & DH

October 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Did you get to watch that video..it's free on amazon prime.

I had the most awesome lunch of pad prik king (thai red curry paste stir fry) and I lost it somewhere between home and work - I think it fell out of my workbag when I went to get my jacket. I'm pretty sure it's either in my dining room or on my deck....dang it all!

What yummy thing have you made lately? It's seriously the best stir fry I've made in a while...so I'm bummed Fresh green beans, grape tomatoes, chicken, bell peppers and onions w/ lemon grass, red curry paste, garlic and ginger! and cooked in coconut oil - which is fantastic in this dish!!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search