Check-in!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 01:21 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
Please post & let us know how your heart kid, you & your family are doing. I know we aren't a busy board but I just want to know all is well.

Happy Holidays!!!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

December 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I got tired of hearing myself complain so I took a break Jack is doing very well actually. He is healthy right now, and eating (when he wants to- about 12-15 ozs a day), not nearly enough, but is still gaining, so it's not a panic. He rolled over and seems really strong. I am so happy for the progress. Mommy on the other hand is suffering from major stress and depression. It's really just a lack of support here (I live 1000 miles away from my family, and my DH's family is well....disturbingly disinterested). His dad has seen Jack twice in 5 months and we live 45 mins from each other. His mother decided that she was too busy to help me with Jack and that she would rather....are you ready?....get a pupppy. So she will no longer be available for the less than frequent visits she was doing. She actually told me that his condition was too stressful and exhausting for her. Trying to run my business (I own a restaurant), the holidays (recently lost my mother and grandfather) and having no help has taken its toll. I finally reached out today to my family and told them how I was REALLY doing, and my aunt and father are coming for extended stays starting next week! My dad will be staying a month. I think things will be looking up for us. I wish I could post something more positive and happy because typically, I am a happy girl. But it has been tough and I am just doing the best I can....
December 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
((HUGS)) Jennifer. PLEASE don't ever feel like you are complaining too much. It's very stressful to have a child with health problems & then not having family close by or nonsupporting family makes it even more difficult. We are here for you anytime you need to get something off your chest or just want someone to listen.
I am glad you are going to have some of your family around to help for a bit. That will definitely help your depression & stress level. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother & grandfather. ((HUGS))

December 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Super Mommy
Stacy, you're awesome! I know you've got alot going on in your life too, but you manage to be such an inspiration the way you stay positive and help out with Mellie on the board. thanks for that. It does not go unnoticed
December 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
This board has definitely helped me. It's so helpful to "know" other moms who are going through similar situations. I was ecstatic when JM created this board. I don't want anyone for one second feeling like they complain too much on this board. We are all here for each other. Sharing stories can be helpful.

Thanks Jennifer. I appreciate that. Everyone here is wonderful!

December 7th, 2008, 04:29 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is very nice to know that others are going through the same things. I often speak to some Aussie mums who have heart kids/angels. It makes it easier to know that your not alone in your situation. Given that 1 in 100 babies are born with some kind of heart condition this board has been needed for a very long time. I guess none of us ever thought that we would be that 1 in 100 (or billion if its a certain combination of heart defects).

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 7th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
I know Mellie! I am sometimes surprised there aren't more of us on here. I see that alot of people view the posts, so I wonder if there are more than we know?
December 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I was hoping to get some lurkers to start posting.

December 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I'm checking in! We are having our own stressful family issues but I won't go into that. DH got me an awesome new camera and let me open it last night as an early present - it was a complete surprise and was a much-needed one at that. We also had 3 baby bunnies this morning

Coral goes in for an echo (I'm hoping - it's a new cardio so I'm not familiar with their procedures) on the afternoon of the 16th. The best Christmas present I could get would be a clean bill of health for her!!!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
December 10th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Heidi, please keep us posted. I hope she gets a clean bill of health too.

December 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're all doing well! Just busy with work and the holidays approaching!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search