cardiology appointment today

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2008, 05:22 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
Coral has a cardiology appointment today at 2:30. It's a new doctor - our insurance changed when DH's company was bought out so I had to find a new one. Coral originally had a heart defect related to being premature (PDA) which was monitored and did close on its own. Then they discovered she has another small hole which can cause problems, particularly later in life (an ASD). We are hoping they do her echocardiogram today and that the hole is gone or very small and she can be in the all clear If it's bigger she could need surgery in the next few years. Wish us luck!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
December 16th, 2008, 05:37 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

December 16th, 2008, 01:44 PM
We just got back. The good news is we really liked the new cardiologist and all the office staff and they were very concerned about making Coral feel at ease. They did an EKG which took a couple of minutes, she just sat in my lap and I held her hands. She didn't cry but she did tell me over and over to let go! Afterward she helped pull the stickies off her chest and then she had a lot of fun sticking them on her Pooh bear. The cardiologist came in and listened with her digital stethoscope. Coral's EEG was a little bit abnormal and suggests that the left side of her heart may be enlarged. She also has a murmur (not related to the original hole) which may just be a functional murmur. We had to schedule an echo which she goes in for Friday afternoon. Hopefully everything will be just fine after that. Sigh.

Oh! and she's 22 pounds and 32 inches! She'll be 22 months old next week.

December 16th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I'm glad you like her new cardiologist. That really helps. Please update us on her echo. I will keep you all in my thoughts & prayers. She is such a doll!

December 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Veteran
Good luck with the new tests. You will feel so much better when they are done with all the testing!

Paula
December 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck at the echo.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
We got back just a few minutes ago after I had a big fight with DH Coral had the echo done - she was pretty scared but was SO good! I did lots of bribing with lollipops to get her to stay still for half an hour while the tech did the scan. Coral really did not appreciate having to lay with her head upside down off my lap while the tech scanned up near her neck! But she was talkative the entire time, and so sweet, hanging on to my fingers for dear life. The tech wouldn't tell me if she saw anything (when do they ever?) We had originally had the follow-up scheduled for Jan 5th (not our choice) but DH couldn't do that so he went to change it and they had a Dec 26th appt open but he opted for a Jan 8th appointment. Thus the fight in the car after I found out! He is so anti-doctor and in his mind Coral's health has always been "perfect" - even when she was 2 pounds and forgetting to breathe and battling infections in the NICU. I appreciate his calm and optimism but when he completely dismisses how I'm feeling I get very upset! Anyway, he called and left a message with the doctor to try and change it back to the 26th so we'll see what happens. I don't think I can wait 3 weeks to find out if she's okay!

December 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
5LilMonkeys
Good luck. I guess we are lucky. When Sam has his echos the Card is right there watching and even explains some of what he sees.
December 24th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Any news on an appointment switch?

December 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, at our old place the cardio read the results same day. Sucks that we have to pay a $35 copay three times to have a test ordered, performed, and learn the results We wound up with an appointment for Monday the 29th in the morning. I think that will actually be a good day for it - everyone is going to be exhausted tomorrow morning and there was NO way I was waiting 3 weeks to get in!

December 26th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I'm glad you were able to get one sooner!

December 26th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Super Mommy
Oh that's good that you were able to switch. KUP, good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search