Had the fetal echo done today!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was in there for an hour and had 3 ultrasounds! First the u/s tech did an anatomy scan, then she had the cardiologist come in and do the echo, and then the perinatalogist came in and he did a quick u/s too! The place was really nice, they had a huge flat panel TV on the wall in front of us so we could watch it there and not have to turn sideways to see it on the little screen!

This little guy's heart looks good! They can't totally rule out structural and electrical defects 100%, but the cardiologist is confindent there's nothing wrong with the baby's heart! All 4 chambers were present and functioning properly and allowing proper blood flow. There appeared to be no holes in the vetricles or atrias. His heart rhythm seemed normal as well. He said unless a murmur is heard after he is born, there should be no reason to to do another echo or other screening (which I don't agree with, but that's another topic completely...)

The perinatalogist said I'm measuring about a week ahead and the baby is in the 50th percentile, which is great because I'm high risk for IUGR again. He said because of that he is recommending I be "closely monitored during the 3rd trimaster"...so that means ultrasound every other week and non stress tests to check his growth, just like I had with Jude. If IUGR presents again, I'll be induced early this time too.

So we got mostly good news, but I know this last trimaster will be stressful.

Anyway, here's some pics of my cute little boy

This last one is confirmation it is a boy :l2:

February 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
That''s great! But I would want an echo after birth too. It's not them with all the worry.

I love u/s pics! thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

February 12th, 2009, 06:19 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Fantastic news!!! Those pics are so clear!
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
frugality=reality

When I had my fetal echo with my little Luke, I literally heaved a big sigh and just cried when they told me he was just fine. He had an echo at 2 weeks old, and he also gets another one anytime now-they said after 1 year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search