Wow. Not much activity here...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2009, 05:55 AM
frugality=reality
How are all of our heart babies?

Mads is doing great. She has an appointment next month, so I know her cathetarization will be soon. It got put off this year. Supposed to be mid year, but the cardiologist had given us a longer pass after her mid-year appointment!

Had any appointments lately for your heart baby/child?
September 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're stable nothing new to report. We will have our yearly appt in December.
September 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
5LilMonkeys
Sam just had his appt in May. He's good for 1-2yrs. YEAH!!! His Card said the Cath was very successful. WOOT!!!
September 23rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
frugality=reality
What is your son's dx? Did they do a procedure during the cath? Mads had angioplasty at her last cath. blech.
September 25th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hello ladies! I just joined this board a couple weeks ago and noticed this specific board for children with heart conditions.

My heart baby is Rose Grace. Her doc noticed a murmur at her 2 month well checkup. She had her first cardio appnt. a few weeks later and was diagnosed with ASD. The hole was 8mm at that time. We go back for a check up with the Cardio on October 7th she's now 11 months old. The anticipation is killing me. My hubby and I have been staying as optomistic and positive as we can, but it is so very scary!

Wish us luck on our next visit! Also I'd love to hear from any of you that have been through this same thing any advice on how to not freak out??? It doesn't help that she is our first baby so we are already completely protective!

Thanks all and glad to have the support from mom's that are going through the same things and understand.
November 3rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Siera has an appointment with the card. when she turns one in February (so sometime around then). So far, every time I've taken her in for her well baby, the pedi's (there's three of them that she sees) haven't been able to hear anything so I'm hoping everything is fine.

And Rose, my daughter was dx'ed with an ASD, PDA, and a Bicuspid aortic valve. The only thing I can say is to take it one day at a time. It gets a bit easier over time but that worry will always be at the back of your mind. Just stay positive

May 2013 July 2014
November 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
Luke is doing well. He has his yearly cardio. appt in December.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

November 25th, 2009, 11:14 AM
faysdt414's Avatar Mother, Crafter, OT
Libby had her one year post-op follow up with the card in august and they did an echo and EKG, and all looks great! we have to come back in two years

for those who dont rememeber cause its been a while since i posted here:
We found out Libby had an ASD and coarctation of the aorta and pulmonary hypertension at 8 months old, she had her first surgery to fix the aorta. then at 9 months since she was still not thriving they did the second open heart to fix the ASD.
She was a different child after her surgeries, a happy healthy child!

Hoping for nothing but the best for those moms still worrying about what will happen at theri child's follow ups. g-d bless our heart babies
Fay

Ella Chaya: March 15, 2012 (8.14lbs)
November 25th, 2009, 12:07 PM
*Angela*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I have been watching this board for a long time. My son was born with a VSD. And from what the drs can tell he is healing fine. We go back in Feb for a check up. Have any of your kiddos had to use antibiotics before dental appts?
November 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
faysdt414's Avatar Mother, Crafter, OT
i asked our card that Q at our last visit and he said no antibiotics needed for Libby to see the dentist, but every child could be different so i would just call the card.

Ella Chaya: March 15, 2012 (8.14lbs)
November 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
frugality=reality
My daughter does have to get antibiotics before each visit, but it's because she has a severe defect (five, actually) including having an artificial valve...
December 13th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jude had a small VSD, and it closed spontaneously around 4 months old. He never need prophylaxis treatment.

He has his card appt in March to check up on his WPW. He goes every other year right now since he's asymptomatic.

February 23rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Siera's going in next Monday for her first checkup since she was discharged from the NICU. Cross your fingers and toes for us!

(She had an ASD, VSD, and a Bicuspid Aortic Valve)

May 2013 July 2014
February 23rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
frugality=reality
Good luck!

My Maddie had her cardiac cath/angioplasty/coiling embolism procedure on 2/12. There was no progress on her lung. She is still at a 73%L/27%R split on her lungs with the blood they're supplying with oxygen. *sigh*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search