As a mom-question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2011, 04:38 AM
lilredheadgirl's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to lilredheadgirl
My daughter had her VSD closure 2 years ago this month. Last year October was a bit stressful with the reminder that it had been a year. This year it is hitting me again. But my child is fine, her surgery went well, she is showing no signs of any problems and she doesnt need a follow up until next spring. I know it is just the memories of the pre-surgery stress and remembering what it was like to go through as a mom, but I am wondering if anyone else experiences this or if I am just that strange?

October 9th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
{{hugs}} I don't have any experience since we are just starting out on our journey but I would think that all of the anxiety and worry and fear I am experiencing right now just waiting to find out if we will need surgery is enough that I will remember it for years to come so it doesn't seem at all odd to me to feel a bit of a return of those feelings at the anniversary. It is a huge event in life and while your daughter is doing great (yay!), the what ifs of that time are still there, you know? When my first son was born, we had an emergency c-section because he and I were both in distress (we were already inducing early due to both his and my health so it was already a stressful/scary time) and six years later I STILL occasionally get hit by the return of all those fears and emotions--not that I am still worried about something that is over and done with but I am remembering what we went through, if that makes sense?

heh--sorry if I am rambling and make no sense--tiny baby equals not enough sleep.....
October 10th, 2011, 09:18 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I am just like Hazel, Im just starting my journey with my heart baby since Im expecting and he has a couple abnormalities. However, I think what you are feeling is totally normal. I feel like Ill remember this crazy time in my life forever as well. Whenever we meet milestones in life we always tend to reflect and it seems to make total and complete sense to me that you would feel anxious about the past. Big hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search