Healing well

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
After surgery, Marsi got so clingy. I understand why. She only wanted Mommy and it hurt to snuggle and that made nights so hard on both of us. Her incision is healing quite nicely. One thing that I didn't realize was how pronounced it was going to be. It sticks out pretty far. I am hoping as the muscles start to heal and the stitches dissolve it will lie flatter. She is completely off of all medications now. Her last dose of Tylenol was almost 2 days ago! I am so glad they did this when they did because the school I teach at is on spring break so I will have been able to spend 2 weeks at home with her before going back to work (minus 3 hours from when she was in the hospital and last Friday). She is finally being able to wear onsies again instead of just button down both leg sleepers. I am glad because I have the cutest Easter things for her to wear!!! I just wanted to give you an update. Many prayers that your little ones get surgery soon and do just as well as Marsi in their healing!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's wonderful to hear how well she is doing

We are still waiting on our new surgery date :/
April 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sasha711's Avatar Veteran
I haven't posted in this group before, but sometimes lurk here. I'm so happy your daughter's surgery went well. My daughter had open heart surgery September 29 of last year. She was 6 months old. It is truly amazing how fast they heal! I just wanted to comment about her scar. Once the stitches dissolve and it starts to heal, it will look better and better and start to lay flatter. Once my daughter's had healed, I started rubbing Johnson's Cocoa Butter and Shea lotion on it every night. Not sure if it has helped, but you can see in my siggy her scar looks really good.

Thank you peimum for my WONDERFUL siggy!
April 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Her scar does look really good We have a vitamin E oil blend we used on a small facial scar my youngest son had and it disappeared--we are hoping it will help Isabelle's scar after her surgery

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search