We Got Our Tentative Procedure Date

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I spoke to her cardiologist yesterday and they're tentatively scheduling her surgery for May 23. We go in for bloodwork/echos/etc. on May 18. I say tentative because I was informed that if someone younger comes along with a more severe condition they get priority. I just can't wait to get it over with though.

May 2013 July 2014
April 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I hope that the date sticks! I am really glad that you have some sort of date. Everyone with a baby with CHD wants to just have the surgery over with. All crossables crossed!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a similar warning with Isabelle--if a more serious case came along, she would get bumped because she was stable enough to wait. And a preemie baby did need surgery on her date yesterday! It was a quick procedure, though, and the surgeon took care of the preemie while they were prepping Iz for her surgery
April 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
1 month from today. I hope the next month goes by quickly and she will not get bumped. I am thinking of you ladies!

April 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Ahh when you say it like that it sounds so close! Makes me nervous... But I feel better when I think that one month from tomorrow, this will be almost over with!

May 2013 July 2014
April 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Her date was pushed back to June 13. Annoying.. I hope they don't push it even further as we get closer to that date

May 2013 July 2014
May 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
I haven't been on this board in forever. I am SO sorry that the date was pushed back. I was hoping to come on here and wish for a good surgery and speedy recovery. She is in my prayers so that she can keep the June surgery appointment. There are times that you just want it to be over with.

May 22nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
It's set in stone now. They called me up to let me know that her pre-op is at 10 a.m. on June 7. Her procedure is first thing in the morning (we were told to be there at 6:45 am) on June 13. I'm hoping since she is the first surgery, she'll be discharged late that evening and will be able to recuperate at home. I don't know how well we'll do in a hospital setting.

May 2013 July 2014
May 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM
What type of surgery is she having that she would be able to come home same day?

May 24th, 2012, 05:02 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I have been MIA, Im sorry ladies! I was wondering what surgery she was having as well?

My son is having his Glenn tomorrow. =/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search