Marsi's scar

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hazel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 08:41 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I just wanted to share the picture of her scar that I took today. It looks amazing!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 10th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It looks great!
May 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Wow, it really does look great!

May 2013 July 2014
May 24th, 2012, 05:05 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
That is awesome!!!!! I havent been on the board in a while. I was wondering what CHD she has that they could go in from the side like that?
May 25th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I dont remember the specifics but I know Marsi had a duct repaired and has a little titanium clip now.
June 1st, 2012, 10:21 AM
She had Patent Ductus Arteriosus. Should have closed after being born, but it didn't. Her heart was working extra hard in order to get enough Oxygen to everywhere causing an enlarged heart. She also has an ASD that will be re-evaluated when she is 3 years old.

June 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
I hope that ASD closes on its own We were really happy when Dr W discovered Iz's had closed completely on its own and didn't need a patch or stitches when he was closing her VSD
July 9th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Hey Rachel, how big was Marsi's PDA? I'm just curious because Siera just had hers closed and it was done via a catheter procedure. I think Siera's was tiny though.

How is she doing though? And another random question - did you receive an ID card for her from the Children's Hospital (or whatever it is)? We got ours and Siera's name was misspelled on it. Now I'm wondering if I should bother calling them up to change it or just leave it alone. It's just one letter but it bugs...

May 2013 July 2014
July 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I did not get an ID card from the hospital. I would think that they could make you a new one with the correct spelling.

They did not know how big her PDA was. They said it was something that they couldn't know until they got in and saw it. They said that since her heart was already enlarging, it was most likely a larger PDA. When they got in, it was huge. They were expecting to just put a clip in the middle of it and call it good, but it was so large that they did the clip on the middle and a suture on each end to close it up so there wasn't room for a clot to form. The cath procedure would not have worked at all for Marsi so we are very glad that we chose surgery from the get-go. You can see the distance between the clip and the sutures in this x-ray of her chest after surgery.

This is how large her heart was before surgery.

July 11th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I forgot to add that Marsi is doing WONDERFUL!!!! She is hitting and exceeding every milestone there is. She is 8.5 months old and is cruising along furniture and is testing the waters of standing all by herself. She sleeps through the night and smiles all the time. She loves her baths and her kitties. I couldn't have asked for a more content happy baby.

July 11th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Oh wow! That's kind of cool that you got pictures of the X-rays. And that's soooo great that she's hitting her milestones! I can't believe she's cruising the furniture at 8.5 months - she's going to be walking soon. We need to start a post for updated pics. I want to see how big our babies/toddlers have gotten

May 2013 July 2014
September 12th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I just wanted to give you all an updated scar picture. It is almost non-existent! She is a walking champion at 10.5 months old. I love her so much!

September 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
If I didn't know where to look, I would have missed it
geogeek likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search