Abnormal or Normal? Urine question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CrochetingMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Heart Conditions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
So here's the deal... My daughter, whom I call "Monster", has been on Tracleer and Lasix for a long, long time. She has Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, an unclosed ASD and bicuspid aortic valve. She's been sick so people have been asking us sort of the hallmark dehydration question o: is her urine dark and stinky when she goes?

Well...yes. Always. Monster has always had darker, stinky pee.

Enough people commented that was weird to have me pondering it because to us its perfectly normal.

She gets about 50 oz of liquid a day.

So for you parents of heart babies...have you noticed this? if you have, did you ever pin down a cause?

Thanks
tmac likes this.

March 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am not going to be of much help here since my heart baby was never on any meds. If she is going to the bathroom regularly and all else seems normal, I wouldn't worry about dehydration. Since the darker stinky urine has always been there, I would consider it normal. If you are worried, I would call her cardiologist and ask them.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I would definitely call the Dr just to see if this is a problem. A good office will talk to the Doc and get back with you to answer a simple question. Tell them its always gone on, but you have heard comments that make you wonder and you just want to put your mind at ease.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

March 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Izzy was on Lasix, Aldactone, and Zantac before surgery and Lasix, Enalapril, and Zantac after surgery and never had dark or stinky urine. I would bring it up with the medical team just to make sure there isn't a problem

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search