~*July Chat Thread*~

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2010, 01:42 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our power is scheduled to be tonight from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Fan.freaking.tastic. Since it's going to be out, and since it's so hot outside, we're sending Aaden to the IL's house for the night, and DH & I are going to try and tough it out sleeping here with no AC or fans. It should be interesting.

July 15th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my god, that SUCKS! I know it's hot up there right now! We'd literally die, like for real, if our power went out here. The humidity is like nothing I've ever experienced before. Why in the world did they schedule it off in the middle of summer??
July 16th, 2010, 12:19 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Intrested to know how the night was with out power? Gaaah, you are one brave lady!

Tonya- I thought of you yesterday when a few of my softball ladies were passing around a bottle of peach wine after practice last night. I have a bottle all set aside for you in my wine shippment.
July 16th, 2010, 04:30 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Allison, that sucks so bad. I'm AC spoiled in a seriously bad way.. We literally put our AC in our bedroom in may. I cannot be hot when I sleep. Ugh. I hope your night wasn't tooo bad.

Tonya, did you find your touch?!?

I'm writing this from my iPhone <3. I had a 1st generation iPod touch so this is sooooooooo fast to load boards on, JM is speedy!!!!

July 16th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Melissa, that sounds delicious! You know me well LOL.

I did find my ipod. Turns out DH took it, thinking it was his, even though he already had his at work, he just forgot it was there. So when he was home for lunch, he grabbed mine.
July 16th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't lost!

July 16th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love your picture in your siggy!
July 16th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks

We didn't have a bathing suit on her because we weren't going to stay at the beach at that time.. it was the evening, and the beach was technically closed to swimming. She had other plans and kinda ran the heck in in her clothes. She had fun, though

July 16th, 2010, 08:35 AM
The night without power sucked! DH took Aaden to the IL's around 8:30, then when he got home, we headed up to Applebee's, and stayed there until they closed at midnight (they're on a different power company than we are). When we left there, we took a drive through town so we could see it all shut down, and it was so creepy. Pretty much half of our town was without power, so almost everything was dark. We got home and opened some windows since it had cooled off after raining, and we went to bed. We slept until 3:30, and couldn't take it anymore, so we went and sat on the front porch. Right before 4:00 a.m., when we were still sitting on the front porch, I saw the kitchen light come on - WE HAD POWER!!! So we came inside, closed the windows, turned on our fan and went to sleep. It was the worst 6 hours of my entire life, and I seriously don't know how Amish people do it, because it sucked. I hope to never experience that ever again.

July 17th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd have had to go buy a battery operated fan or something. I can't sleep well unless air is moving across my face. But you survived to tell us about it, wahoo!

Allison, you will be happy to know that Big Green Tractor is STILL Maddie's favorite song in the whole world. Jason Aldean is coming here September 25 for a concert and they play a commercial for it on CMT sometimes. Every time they play a little snippet of BGT, Maddie drops whatever she's doing and hauls it over to the TV and stands there sucking her thumb while she gazes adoringly at the screen. It's so cute.
July 17th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I meant to go to Walmart to see if they had any battery operated fans, but I never made it. It wasn't fun, and I hope no one ever has to experience it!

Aww, that's great!!

July 17th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I'm hoping my friend & I are going to get to have our weekend in Chicago the end of September. We've both found really cheap train tickets, and we found a hotel right downtown for $110! Now, I just need to convince DH that I need a weekend away!

July 18th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just book it and tell him later LOL. That's what I do...

Who's watching Big Brother?? Thoughts so far??

Jessie, the body builder guy with a really small head from past seasons, is coming to Biloxi in a few days....
July 18th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking about doing that!

I'm watching Big Brother! I can't stand Rachel. Like, from the minute she opened her mouth, I hated her. Annoying. I really wish she would have been evicted last week.

I HATED Jessie. Ugh. Seriously, hated him.

July 19th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree about Rachel. I thought I was going to like her because she seemed like a cool, nerdy scientist type girl, but once she got in the house she's been acting like a total hoebag. I loved what Annie said about her when Julie was interviewing her on Thursday.

We hated Jessie too....I couldn't even stand to look at his website to see why he was going to be in Biloxi....the name of his site is Mr. Pec-tacular. Barf.
July 19th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I skipped this season I skipped last season, too. But, watched all the others. I just have too much going on.

July 19th, 2010, 10:55 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
can I brag for just a minute? My softball team just won for the second week in a row adn tonights score was 13-2! OMG though my legs are killing me right now. It might take me untill the next game to stop being sore.

You you belive it, I have never seen a single episode of big brother.
July 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM

congrats! that's awesome

I'm sleepy today.. zzz.. I haven't been sleeping well

July 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I started making my plea to DH about Chicago. He hasn't given me a definite answer, but he did say that if I want to go to Chicago, we won't be able to go to Milwaukee for Labor Day. I'm totally OK with that! I'd much rather going to Chicago for the weekend with my friend! Cross your fingers for me!

July 19th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
hello girls, had a bit of spare time so thought I'd come and say hi.

Have absolutely no travel plans to post about atm though am hoping I will get to go to Lincoln with Shaun to meet his family this summer, no hard and fast plans tho.

Fingers crossed Allison!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search