~*September Chat Thread*~

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 05:19 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
No girls day for me We ended up canceling for a few reasons. We're hoping she can make the drive soon.. ::

But woohoo Tonya! That'll be so much fun!

September 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! I hope you guys get it rescheduled soon!

So instead of starting a September chat thread, I'm just going to change the title of this thread.

September 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Erika- that sucks, Im sorry to hear you wont get your girls day.

I was so confused when I saw a september thread that already had 3 pages of posts, I thought yall had gone on a posting frenzy!

Whats the weather like where you are? Its 54 degrees here and cloudy, this weekend is supposed to have a high of 60.

September 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's 90 and sunny here. The humidity is starting to give out some, so the weather has really been beautiful for the last week or so. For the first time ever, I'm looking forward to fall and getting my Halloween decorations out. Fall doesn't mean it's time to break out the winter coat and snow boots anymore!
September 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Currently, it's 77 & sunny here. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow, with some rain coming sometime. I'm absolutely loving the cooler temperatures, and can't wait for fall!

September 9th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Its thursday and Im thirsty for an "adult beverage". Whats your favorite adult drink?

Cape Cod is my favorite mixed drink, but more often than not I end up drinking wine if we are just around the house or in the yard having drinks.

September 9th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Midori sours are my fave. My daiquiri party is tonight! I'm so excited! I think everyone that I invited is coming except for one girl who is going out of town tomorrow so she's in a last minute packing/cleaning frenzy.
September 9th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I'm a beer girl, but I also love margarita's!

September 10th, 2010, 02:39 AM
TGIF ladies!!! Its still chilly here, I broke down and had to get out my toe socks today because my feet were freezing. Im goign to call our housing office today adn see when they will turn on the heat. We have radiant floor heat and I love it. Its awsome to hop of bed in the the mornign or step out of the shower on to a nice warm floor.

I ahve yet another question for you all today. what kind of laundry soap do you use?

I have all free and clear, but I would like to find something elses but its the only "free" soap I can get here.

September 10th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I use the same as you do. Or the Target version of it, whichever is cheaper. Soap.com had a big sale yesterday on Method products, but it was a one-day only sale. My neighbor swears by the stuff.

You know I <3 toe socks!!
September 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I use whatever's cheapest at Walmart when I go to buy it. I think right now it's Sun, or something like that. I'm not picky.

September 10th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This "childfree by choice" chick on the FB commissary page is getting under my skin. Anytime the commissary posts a question on their wall that could even remotely be about children, she comes along on her high horse "well some of us are childfree by choice and should not have to ever come into contact with children anywhere we go!" She doesn't come out and say it, but that's her attitude! She's pissed because there are kids at the commissary. Um. It's a grocery store. Yeah. There's gonna be kids. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
September 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
OMG, Aaden is on my last nerve today. He's constantly climbing over TWO baby gates to get into the kitchen, and doesn't listen when I tell him no. I'm honestly tempted to buy a third gate to put up, because I don't think he'd be able to get over the top of it. I just keep telling myself that 2 weeks from today I'll be in Chicago and get a break, but right now, it's not working!

September 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There is a friggin GECKO on the loose in my house.
September 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Like the Allstate thing? Holy crap! That'd scare the crap out of me!

September 10th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't seen him, I just heard about him. Apparently he's really little, like the size of a pinky finger. Stephen had to leave tonight to go on duty until 1am and as he was walking out the door, he popped his head back in to tell me "by the way, I saw a gecko in the dining room tonight." So I jumped up off the couch and stood on my tip toes in the middle of the living room and freaked out. He told me not to worry because geckos are good because they eat bugs. I don't give a crap, get that thing out of my house! He couldn't find it. I've been looking for it, but honestly, I don't know what I'd do if I found it!
September 11th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Oh my! That would scare me to death! I don't do well with things like that!

September 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM
That's so funny! Well, maybe not for you.
Tonya, how was your party?!

Remember how my friend couldn't make it here.. I'm excited because DH has 11 days off next month, so we may have a 3 day mini vacation and go up her way (child free, we're hoping).. wooohoooo.

September 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Erika- a possible 3 day child free weekend! Wow, I hope it works out that would be awsome.

September 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I hope so, too!
My mom just needs to decide if she can work and take care of Alexis at the same time (she's our only sitter, and she works from home).. ::::::crossing fingers::::::: so badly. It'll be so much fun. Never had an "adult weekend" with wives and hubby's and no kids! Not for 3 whole days!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search