Tuesday Tips

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2010, 02:47 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Do you have any travel tips that you have learned over the years?

August 24th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always roll my clothes in my suitcase so that I can pack more in and they end up less wrinkled.
August 24th, 2010, 01:51 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddiesMama View Post
I always roll my clothes in my suitcase so that I can pack more in and they end up less wrinkled.
I've heard a lot of people say this, but I have yet to try it! I think I'm going to have to when I go to Chicago in a month!

August 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You do have to be careful when you're rolling them because if you roll carelessly, you'll get huge wrinkles that won't budge! I roll everything and then I shove the smaller things like underwear and socks into shoes to free up even more space in the suitcase. I've really had to get creative since having Maddie because we didn't want to have to pack an extra suitcase for her. It really made me re-evaluate what I could and could not live without of mine on vacation since about 1/2 of my normal suitcase contents are no longer able to go!

When we go on a cruise in a couple of months, I'm trying to challenge myself into taking just 1 big garment bag for our evening attire and our small suitcase for daily attire. The lighter we can travel the better because I'm too paranoid about giving our luggage to the porters to deliver to our room, so we'll have to lug it around the ship with us for 2 hours before our rooms are available.
August 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My goal when I go to Chicago is to take my one big rolling suitcase, and that's it (well, other than my bag I'm taking on the train). I'm already stressing out about trying to fit everything in there. Maybe I should practice rolling some clothes so I can get it down before my trip!

August 25th, 2010, 05:29 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I use space bags and they are great. I love the extra room from them.

The main thing is if I can mail stuff ahead, I do. Its easier than trying to pack so much and worrying about having to pay for too much weight.

When traveling by car, I learned to always have a TON of snacks and extra toilet paper cause you never know if you are gonna have to squat cause you can't find a bathroom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search