**October Chat Thread**

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2010, 06:33 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Aw, I hate when food is disappointing.

I'm sorry your friends have to move away I bet being a military wife, in that aspect is very hard.. because friends and go all the time.

I'm very sleepy. I seriously got just 2+ hours of sleep. Really. I fell asleep after 4am and woke at 7. Having that frappe in the evening? Not a great idea.

October 7th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man. I hope you can catch a catnap during Alexis' quiet time today. For once, I was sleeping great last night. I even went to bed early. Then DH didn't have his alarm volume set as loud as it normally is, so it didn't wake him up but it woke me up and then it was up to me to wake him up. Then I had a hard time falling back to sleep. Maybe one day I'll get a full 8 hours.
October 7th, 2010, 12:35 PM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yuck, I think lack of sleep is one of the worst things for moms. I cant drink any caffeine after about 1pm if I want to get any sleep before midnight.

Guess who requested to be my friend on facebook??? My ex husbands' new wife! Who he was having an affair with, which lead to our divorce. The nerve of some people. Needless to say I denied the request.

October 7th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There's nothing like saying "hey, I stole your husband, wanna be friends?"
October 8th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Filipino BBQ , pancit & yaki for dinner tonight!
DS is so crazy he is pretending to be a fireman and wants DD to be the fire puppy. He keeps trying to get her to crawl around on all fours and bark "to tell me where fires is" It was fire prevention week and the fire dept. came out to his enrichment class and let them see the engine.
Oh and DS got accepted into the developmental pre school through the school! Woo Hoo! Now we just have to wait for them to do his individual education plan and he can go to school!

October 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Q! I can just imagine him doing that. What does Z think about it? Is she playing along?

I thought they were doing a drill for fire prevention week here the other day, but it turns out there was a real fire somewhere right here in our housing area. I still don't know where. You'd think I'd figure it out because we live in the smallest housing area with only about 100 duplex units of about 200 houses. Melissa, I can't remember, were you still at Scott when that house across the street from Valerie burned, down the street from where you used to live? That was creepy to drive by and see it all boarded up.

Check out Maddie's version of head shoulders knees and toes LOL YouTube - 100_7100.MOV
October 8th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Aww! Brian and I sat here on the couch and watched it twice! Then Brian had to comment 3 times about how long her hair is. Gah, I want to see you guys again.

Zoe doesnt play along with him when he's doign his pretend play. I think its way above her head. She understands alot better if you show her pictures, and when you speak to her you have to look her right in the face.

No I dont remember a house burning down. I bet it was creepy.

October 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Melissa, I was just saying to Stephen a little while ago that I'm so glad to have known you because I had a big, red food coloring stain on my counter that wouldn't come out, then I remembered you once told me to spray windex on those types of stains so I did and then what do you know, it came right out LOL. Of course, I'm glad to have known you for many, many other reasons too

What's everyone up to this weekend?
October 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SIL put more color in my hair this afternoon, then we dropped Aaden off at the IL's, and DH & I went to a Mexican restaurant that has $.99 margarita's on Friday nights!

October 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
well glad I could help. Windex takes stains out of carpets too.

We are going to go see our friend Chris tomorrow, he slipped into a coma a few days ago and his lung collapsed so they are not able to send him to Walter Reed. As of right now they don't think he will regain the use of his arms and legs. We are still praying for him but the outlook isn't good.

We have spent most of the weekend going through our stuff and clearing out stuff we don't need anymore. Moving every 3 years sure does help you keep the clutter down. I hate dragging excess junk into a new house. Actually we are on our 3rd house since moving to Germany 3 years ago. You would think that with all that moving I wouldn't have so much junk, but I do.

When was the last time you moved?

October 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree moving so much is a nice way to keep the clutter down. I get tired of moving a lot though. Even though we've only had one huge move in our married life, we still moved in 2005, 2006 and 2009 all around the same area. Then of course, our big move to MS earlier this year.

I have the Disney bug again bad! Now that I know the military salute ticket is on for 2011 for $138 for a 4-day park hopper - lots of condos for around $500 for a week. It's going to be very easy to do a budget Disney trip. We're looking at going around the first week of March. I wanted to go around Maddie's 3rd birthday, but it's too close to Easter and I don't do crowds.
October 11th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Have you looked at www.afvclub.com they have condos for $359 a week. I know several families who booked through them.

Do you you have a link to more info about this military special?

October 11th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will NEVER ever in my entire life EVER stay in another AFVC condo ever again. All it took for me was one bad experience. I hear so many people have these great experiences, but we were treated like second class citizens....bed bugs, mildew, bloodstained sheets, bloodstained comforters, bloodstained towels, kitchen appliances didn't work properly, had to fight hard to not sit through the "mandatory" timeshare presentation. And after all of that, they wouldn't move us to a new room because the AFVC rooms are so limited. I cannot believe they are sticking military families in those condos. I wouldn't even stick a section 8 family in those condos. I will gladly spring an extra $150+ for a nicer place to stay. Not only that, but we have a specific off-site resort we want to stay in because the amenities are amazing.

There isn't much info out yet about the Military Salute. Everything I found was on the Disney boards in a thread about it. Just google "Military Salute 2011" and see what you can find - Disney hasn't been forthcoming about the details yet, but it's only been a week since it hit the rumor mill.
October 11th, 2010, 08:08 AM
We're thinking about going to Disney the last week of February! We're comparing prices, crunching numbers, and getting really serious about booking! We were told by a friend that we could stay at her mom's timeshare, but by the time we rent a car for a week & pay for food, it would be more expensive than staying on property where we can get free dining and use Disney transportation.

October 11th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah that's about when we're going if we decide to go. Probably Feb 27 to March 5. DH wanted to invite his brother & family and go the week of Feb 20 because they have a week off from school, but the president's day crowds are on par with Christmas crowds because nearly the entire eastern seaboard has that week off from school...so no thanks. But if we go the 27-5, we miss that crowd and the spring break crowds. Of course, that's the week that literally every single year, someone in our house gets a norovirus and spreads it to all of us...
October 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Those are the dates we're thinking about going, too! Well, we're planning on leaving on Friday, the 4th instead of Saturday, the 5th. I wanted to give DH a few days to rest before having to go back to work!

October 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking about leaving the 4th too, but only because the condo I really like is open from the 27th to the 4th. The military tickets are only 4 day tickets, so that would work out too. But ideally, I'd like to stay a week because we'd be driving on the 27th, do the parks on the 28th and 1st, then a day at the beach, then parks again on the 3rd and 4th and I'm not terribly sold on the idea of leaving the parks around 6 or 7 on the 4th and driving home and getting in at 1am.

That's funny we're looking at the same dates.
October 12th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Wow, I didnt know they were time shares. Now that you said something I looked a little better and saw the teenie tiny print that talks about being "offered" the chance to listen to the time share presentation.

DH decided it would be a good idea to put DS in bed with us last night. He had never slept with us before. I dont think he will again either we were smooshed, it was quite comical seeing how the 3 of us got all situated in our queen bed.

Do you ladies let your kids sleep with you?

October 12th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Aaden never has, and never will sleep with us. He flops around way too much during the night, and there's just not enough room in our Queen size bed for the 3 of us.

October 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the same problem as Allison. Maddie doesn't hold still while sleeping and she's all over the bed thrashing all night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search