**October Chat Thread**

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's what I've been doing too. I feel like I could spend a whole week doing nothing but planning for Disney and not even put a dent in getting it done. Information overload.
October 22nd, 2010, 08:20 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's really hard for me, because I haven't been to Disney since I was 11 or 12, so I've never planned a trip there!! And it doesn't help that DH hasn't given me a solid "yes" that we're going.

October 22nd, 2010, 09:26 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just thinking about Disney brings a a smile to my face.
October 22nd, 2010, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ughhh so you could be planning for potentially nothing. Plus now that you know more about Disney's updates since the last time you've gone, it probably makes you want to go even more. Have you been to the DIS boards? They're full of good info but also people who are off of their rocker so much that there's a spinoff board where we mock them like the evil you-know-whats we are LOL.
October 22nd, 2010, 10:04 AM
Pretty much!! He doesn't understand that planning a Disney vacation is totally & completely different than planning any other vacation. I've tried to explain everything to him, but he doesn't get it. He thinks we'd be OK deciding on a Tuesday that we want to go the following weekend, then booking everything, but I told him it doesn't work that way. Plus, we want to go before Aaden's 3 (because we're cheap and don't want to have to pay for him!) and we want to take advantage of the free dining. Hopefully one of these days soon he'll give me a solid answer.

And, I'm super jealous of all the cute Disney personalized girl clothes I just saw on Etsy. Boys clothes are so not cute.

October 22nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Oh, and yes, I'm on Disboards. I've spent most of my time just reading people's trip reports, because everything else on there stresses me out!

October 22nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL if you've ever been on the community board....man those threads go downhill fast. I had a disagreement with a moderator over using symbols to denote a cussword and next thing I know, I logged in, or rather tried to, only to find myself banned. I only had 200 posts in about 3 years time and had never been a pot stirrer or anything....someone wanted the link to a website that had a cussword in it, so I tried to give it to them in a way that it wouldn't be filtered out and they flipped out about me bypassing the bad word filter. I pointed out to them that other people do it all the time and presto - banned for arguing with a moderator's decision to give me points for an infraction. They need to get a life. I'm much happier on the anti-Disney board though, even though it's very much about Disney, we're just tired of the moderators on the DIS boards. I do still read the DIS boards for information, but I would never create another account there because like you said, it's too stressful!
October 22nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
I just got a wild hair and made some homemade finger paint, and we just came inside from painting. All was going good, until Aaden decided to paint on my car.

October 22nd, 2010, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did it come off?

We're looking now at switching over to the free dining that Disney is offering. For some reason I had thought that the week we were going there was a blackout week for it, but it's not. The value resorts are only $981 and 2 of the mods are $1294. Hmm...decisions, decisions. Not sure if that extra $300 is worth all of the character dining and wasting time that we'd get...I need to go make a spreadsheet and compare them side by side. I'm such a spreadsheet nerd.
October 22nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
It did! He only made one mark, and it was with blue paint, and my car is blue! The paint was made out of flour, water & food coloring, so I wasn't TOO worried about it!

October 23rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Oh how funny we finger painted today too. I mixed some pudding with water and let it set up and then had the kids go to town. They had a blast, and I got to use up something from my way too full cabinets.
October 28th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Is everyone ready for Halloween? What are your plans?
October 28th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've got 4 straight nights of trick or treating starting tonight. Here in the south, these "trunk or treat" things are all the rage, where people park in a parking lot, open their trunk which is decorated for Halloween and the kids go from car to car trick or treating out of the trunk. We've got one of those tonight, a halloween party on base at a park tomorrow, trick or treating the next town over on Saturday and then trick or treating here in housing Sunday. Not sure what we're going to do with the candy though, we don't want it. Or should I say we dont need it
October 28th, 2010, 08:19 AM
We don't have many Halloween plans. Our town is doing trick-or-treating tomorrow night, so we'll go up to the fire station (where they'll be passing out candy) to see some friends, then go to my dad's house to see them for awhile, then to the IL's to see them. If it were up to me, we'd stay home and not go anywhere.

October 28th, 2010, 11:40 PM
We have lots of trunk-r-treats here too. I just recycle the candy, the kids each get to pick 3 pieces and the rest goes in the candy bowl to be handed out at the next T-r-T or on Sunday night.

Only 2 more sleeps and a wake up, until the big day!
October 29th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's funny, I ended up recycling it! We took around a pumpkin full of little goody bags for kids that had exceptionally cute or creative costumes that we came across. We only handed out 1 last night, so I opened up the others when I got home and put 2-3 pieces of candy each in them. That left us with about 10 pieces of candy and a few larger items we got, like a piggy bank, bags of chips, cotton candy, etc.

We would have gotten so much more candy, but you had to play a game to get some of the candy and the games were way too skilled for Maddie to do, like a ring toss and darts....she wouldn't have a clue what she was doing and we didn't want to stand in the long lines for those.

I went to bed at 8:15 last night. I was exhausted. That's after dozing for an hour on the couch. I woke up at 7 and now I think I could go back to bed. I better not be pregnant I even had a pregnancy-like dream right before I woke up, so I'm unsettled. I always had vivid, bizarre dreams when I was pregnant and had one this morning after not having had one since I was pregnant last.
October 29th, 2010, 08:16 AM
No recycling the candy here, DH will eat it all! That's the main reason he wants to take Aaden to different places T-or-T'ing, so he can get the candy. He has such a bad sweet tooth.

October 30th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our sweet tooth is terrible too, that's why we HAVE to do something with the candy! DH just passed his PT test though, so he can relax a little on the food restrictions.

Any word yet on if you're going to Disney or not? We just got confirmation that the Disney military ticket deal is on again, so we won't be staying on site with the free dining.

It's been quiet in here again.
October 30th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Still no idea if we're going to Disney or not. I really wish he'd just give in and tell me yes. If he doesn't, I'm going to book the trip without him knowing.

October 31st, 2010, 06:40 AM
Whoo Hoo Its the big day!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search