**October Chat Thread**

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 03:39 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we are with out a host right now I thought I would start a new thread for October. (hope its okay)

Any trips planned for this month?
Any one have a birthday?
October 1st, 2010, 09:29 AM
bunnybaker's Avatar Super Mommy
Happy October!!

It's a big month for me because we're getting married! wahoo!

We're going to Las Vegas for our semi-elopement! Just for a few days though. We love it there.

=

October 1st, 2010, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Melissa, you should apply for the host position You've been asking so many get to know you questions in the other chat thread!

We don't have any major trips planned; one minor day trip over to a pumpkin patch is about it for us. Our final payment for our cruise is due this month, so money will be a little tighter than normal, thus making it a pretty quiet month. DH got irritated because I slashed our dining out budget to nearly nothing. Wah wah wah! Like he needs to be eating out with a PT test looming at the end of the month.

I know 2 really awesome ladies that have birthdays on the 25th and 31st this month
October 1st, 2010, 10:28 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No real trips planned for us. My friend & I are going to Evansville on Friday the 15th for the Jason Aldean concert, then probably that Sunday the 17th, DH, Aaden & I will go to the pumpkin patch.

DH's birthday is the 24th!

October 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Awww, I want to go to a pumpkin patch too! You girls are so lucky. Next year we are so doing all the fun fall things like pumpkin picking and a corn maze. Halloween is my favorite holiday & its my birthday.
October 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
I think we're finally getting close to deciding to go to Disney! I found out today that my friend's mom has a timeshare near Disney World that she'd let us use for real cheap, so that would cut a lot of the costs we've been worrying about. She also told me that she & her son could even go, so that would be awesome. Now, we just need to decide on a date! I've been looking at the end of February or beginning of March, but will go with a different date if it means we can use the timeshare!

October 1st, 2010, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just love family nap time. But nothing like being awakened by gunshots, not once but twice, during our nap. I periodically hear gunshots and I have just chalked it up to living right by the ghetto, but then I realized they're a 21 gun salute because there is a veteran's cemetary right behind our subdivision. Realized it today because there were bagpipes playing Amazing Grace right afterward.
October 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
Allison- thats awsome that you might get to stay in the time share, horray for saving money. Looking forward to hearing more about Disney from you.

I cant wait to do Disney! My aunt is taking us sometime next year while DH is gone. Its a good thing too because it would take us until 2012 to save up for it. I just read that the average family of 4 saves for 3 full years to pay for a Disney vacation! Thats 1095 days of saving.

Tonya- glad to hear there is a reason for the gun shots. Do you like the sound of bag pipes? I happen to love it and have a CD of all kinds of songs played on them.

Drat! I just found out DD & DH's birthday is on Easter this year. Boo!
I took the suggestion and applied to be a host on this board. I wonder if they will approve me? Im not shure I have started enough threads, they wanted examples and such. We shall see.
DH said something about going to the dealership and talking to them about ordering a new Honda Odyssey and having it ready to go for me when we get back to the states in December. It would be nice if we can get a good deal on a 2010 before the end of the year.
October 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would have figured the average family puts their Disney vacation on a credit card rather than saving for it!

I think you'd make an excellent host, Melissa
October 2nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Oh yeah, no saving for us! We'll put it on a credit card (partly because DH will get TONS of points), then use our tax money to pay for it.

We're trying to decide if we want to go to a festival & parade that's in town today. It's raining now, but the parade doesn't start until 2:00, so it's should be clear by then. It's just a suuuuper long parade, and I don't know how Aaden would do.

October 2nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Allison- since the weekends are all about rest and relaxation I think you should do what ever would be the most relaxing for you.
October 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was stunned to find that there aren't really parades down here where I moved to. I come from small town USA where there are parades for everything under the sun, even a parade to celebrate corn in Dekalb, IL Maddie loves parades but there hasn't been a single one I've been able to take her to yet here.

Speaking of Maddie, she is super screechy today. Sure wish she'd stuff a sock in it!
October 2nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
yes, speaking of Maddie.
I cant wait to see her again! From everything I am reading she has changed sooo much. And I just want to pinch those cheeks and play with that hair.
October 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She's really come a long way over the last few months. And look at your kids, they are getting so big! I can't believe Q will be FOUR years old on his next birthday. And you saw my pictures of Maddie playing with Angela's son yesterday, he's about to turn 3 and he's so freaking tall. Kids grow like weeds.

You guys know if you ever want to take a trip to the gulf coast, you have free lodging at our house! We have a spare bedroom and a lot of space for the kids to play and a nice fenced in back yard (not like those ugly fences at Scott that I hated so much LOL).

Man I want some m&m's. I have done nothing but crave junk food for about 2 or 3 weeks straight. I've gained 2 pounds. This is dumb. I know better.
October 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
This time of year, my weekeds aren't about rest & relaxation! DH is in the woods from sun up to sun down, so I don't get the break I normally do! But, we ended up going to the parade. I had a few friends there to occupy Aaden. He ended up falling asleep after an hour, and it was cold and windy, so we came home.

October 2nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh I'd be so annoyed if DH left me all day to go hunting!

I went to a jewelry party tonight. Normally I boycot those in-home parties like that, but decided to help out a friend. Ugh, it was terrible. The woman was such a hard sell, it was so annoying. Then I stupidly agreed to help 2 other friends out who are hosting the same party in the next month. More money down the drain for overpriced jewelry.
October 3rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
Ugg, I dislike at home parties too & jewelry parties are the worst. We have tons of Lia Sophia ladies here and they seem to be the highest pressure of them all. Not my style at all and IMO over priced.

Has anyone started their ( is it there or their?) Christmas shopping? I started looking online today but have not seen anything that I think the kids would like that is in our budget.
October 3rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
I'm used to it now. I've been dealing with it for 10 years!

My friend is having a jewelry party sometime and invited me. I told her I didn't have any extra money to spend. In a way, it's true, but I also don't want to go because I hate those parties.

We haven't started Christmas shopping yet. We won't start until the day after Thanksgiving.

October 3rd, 2010, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Christmas shopping? Pft. Christmas is going to be practically non-existant this year because we're trying to get our car paid off. I already told DH we are not going to the in-laws for Christmas nor are we participating in their Christmas in any way. Every couple of years it's the same cycle.....someone suggests the family is getting too big and we should do secret santa. So we do and then grown men and women in their 20s and 30s complain that Christmas was soooo anticlimactic because they only had 4 presents to open. So the following year we all buy for each other again. DH has 4 brothers, 1 sister, 4 of which have spouses and then there are his parents and 6 nieces and nephews. So including ourselves, we have 20 people to buy for. At even just $20 a person, that is $400, but of course we spend more money on ourselves and Maddie. I'm sick and tired of every couple of years having to budget upwards of $600 for gifts mostly for other people. Especially since we are going on a cruise this year so close to Christmas. I will NOT restrict spending on my vacation in order to have money to buy pointless gifts for people they won't even appreciate for a holiday that I have zero religious belief in. It's strictly a commercial holiday to me.

Money is tight anyway because we're making double payments on our car and the cost of living here is more expensive than it ever was back in IL, except we don't get a COLA adjustment to compensate and DH has less income because we aren't making money off of his housing allowance anymore. So F Christmas this year. I told him we can go see his parents from December 26 through the end of the tech school Christmas break if he really wants to go back home this year.
October 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I seriously need to be here more, it makes me sad that I'm not I have such crap and stuff going on. *sigh* need to be here, need to be here....

I went to a jewelry party last Monday, my grandmother threw it. I ONLY went because she begged. I hate those things, and I don't really wear jewelry (besides my rings). My mom went, too, and got me a bracelet - it's nice. It was the only thing I liked, lol!

Christmas shopping.. sigh. No! Not yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search