We're MOVING!!!

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2010, 06:00 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're moving to Alaska!!

October 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When ya going? Can't believe your time in Germany is coming to an end.
October 5th, 2010, 08:59 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Wow. Big change from Germany, eh?
Are you excited about Alaska? Worried about the cold?

October 5th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Haha, shouldn't be too much of a change from Germany with the weather...aren't you already in sweaters and stuff now Melissa??
October 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our friend lived in Alaska for a few years, and loved it.

Enjoy!

October 5th, 2010, 12:50 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Enjoy! I have a few friends there and they love it. I don't think I could handle the cold but DH has talked about trying to go there eventually.

October 6th, 2010, 04:46 AM
It has been hoodie/sweater weather here for over a month already. I guessing its going to be a little colder and more snow, but all in all not too much mroe than here in germany. I am super excited to go, but scared at the same time. I have to move there all my my self, while Brian moves to Korea. How in the heck am I supposed to fly from germany to AK, find a house, get our household goods, un pack household goods, possibly buy a new vehicle, ect ect all by myself with 2 kids?

October 6th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Utilize the drop in child care with the CDC or FCC! I think you get a few free hours of childcare before and after a PCS, don't you? That sounds right, maybe 16 hours or so? Every little bit helps. Soooo you never said when you were going!
October 6th, 2010, 10:54 AM
We will either move in January, if they make us go ahead of Brian. Or in March 2012 if they take pitty on me and let us move back to MO like I have wanted to do all along. Im not holding my breath on going to MO though. The part that is frustrating me is the housing office in AK says I cant move into base housing if my sponsor isnt signed into the base. which would make sence (sort of) but if the AF is forcing me to move because we are not authorized to stay in Germany with out our sponsor shouldnt they have to provide me with the option of living on base?

October 6th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, they should provide you one option or another, especially if they are rejecting your request to move you to MO before AK. Ugh. The military.

Oh and not sure if it makes a difference since you're moving OCONUS to OCONUS but a woman moved just down the street from me while her husband was in Korea and he wasn't here to sign in for anything. They were able to do everything with a POA and copy of his orders.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search