Calling all cruisers!

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to share a couple of ships I've been drooling over lately:

The Norwegian Epic - man I would absolutely LOVE to cruise on this sucker, but 2 reasons why I probably never will: First, the sheer volume of people the ship can hold. Cruising with 2500-3000 other people on Carnival is one thing and teetering on insanity to me, but cruising with 4000+ on NCL or RCCL? Nah. Second, the weird bathroom concept: Norwegian Epic Bathroom Controversy I love my husband and he loves me, but we are both fans of privacy in the bathroom. I don't want to hear or see what he's doing in there and vice versa.

The Disney Dream - I can only dream of going on a Disney cruise, but the reality is that even if I could afford it, I'm not sure I could spend that much money on cruise fare - we could take 3 Carnival or Norwegian cruises for the price of 1 Disney cruise. But again - 4000+ passengers? Ehhh. Their new ship looks like it's going to be amazing and their innovative inside porthole concept is awesome and something that I know for a fact my daughter would LOVE. She would go nuts if she saw Donald Duck out there in the ocean.

Does anyone here have a cruise on the horizon? I'm really UNexcited about ours coming up in December. I've heard that Carnival has gone downhill since management has changed hands and the nickel and diming is getting as out of control there as it is on RCCL and NCL. Between tips and the fuel surcharge we anticipate having to pay now that oil is back up, we will literally have zero dollars for extras like photos, shore tours, souvenirs, etc. It makes me sad. Cruising used to be fun to plan, not stressful.
October 26th, 2010, 06:18 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am looking into a cruise in September while DH is home on his mid tour. Looking around for a good deal on Carnival. Its the only line we will go on right now because DD isn't potty trained and DS still need help or has accidents. And on all the other lines children must be fully trained and need no assistance to from and while in the bathroom.
We don't have a port in mind, nor do what the destinations are. Should be simple, ha yeah right.

Tonya- do you have any more information about the extra things that cost money now?

October 26th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When oil is up over a certain amount they can tack on a $9/person/day fuel surcharge. They are also testing on some ships a fee-based meal in the dining room, BUT as of right now the free options are still available. They're just doing a test market. From what I understand the price of photos went up again, but I don't know how much. I'll poke around on cruise critic later today if I get some time, because I know there are more but I just can't recall them off the top of my head.
October 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
The epic looks awesome, I would love to go on that sometime. Along with a Disney cruise, but ehh.. so expensive, you're right. Seems more logical to take a "normal" cruise and then just go DW sometime, you know?

I'm sorry you're not excited about your cruise- that's such a shame, since you enjoy cruising SO MUCH. *sigh* No cruise on the Horizon for us, and won't be for awhile. DH just had his vacation and we went to northern NY. And now we need to save for certain things. So, no cruise here. Probably not for years :/

December 14th, 2010, 05:42 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If anyone is even thinking of booking a cruise on Carnival go check out their specials going on now. I have found several 7 nighters less than $300 per person (I am looking for quad rooms) and there are lots that are an even better deal if you only have 2 or 3 people!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search