*~November Chat Thread~*

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That happened to Maddie once...she had a random fever with no other symptoms and acted so sick while she had it, then the next day, she was good as new. It was so weird!

I just made homemade White Castles for lunch, mmmm! I think WC is nasty, but I love my homemade WCs!
November 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After dinner we went to the post office to check the mail and we had 6 packages! they were care packages from a group in our hometown. 2 of the boxes had nothing but beef jerkey and black licorice in them. The guys at DH's shop are going to be supprised on Monday. What a nice thing to do for Veterans day.

We ended up going to a Turkish restraunt for dinner. eeeh it was okay but I hated to spend about $23 on a so so dinner that we were still hungry after. And to top it all off Quintin knocked his glass over and broke it.

November 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Its been a lazy Sunday around here. We didn't even make it to church today I was up sick all night and didn't get to sleep until after 6am. Poor DH finally had to go sleep downstairs. He was sweet though, he got the kids out of bed, dressed and fed them breakfast while I tried to get some sleep.
I feel way better now.

Whats going on with all of you ladies. Anything exciting today?

November 21st, 2010, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're feeling better. Nothing exciting going on today. I'm in a funk because most of my jeans barely fit me anymore. I have no one to blame but myself, but it would really help if my DH would stop making treats and bringing home starbucks.
November 22nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
Sigh my jeans don't fit anymore either I broke down this week and ordered 2 new pairs. Depressing. I made myself a promise that when we get to Anchorage, I will go to the Y at least 4 times a week.
Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that we sell our van this week. We have had 1 offer so far. Someone said he would give us $5,000 cash the problem is we owe more than that and KBB is $8,9000. Who goes down almost 4k off the price of a used car?

November 22nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I ended up having to put on sweatpants yesterday because my jeans were so tight around my abdomen. I have never had to do that in my life, not even when I was at 230 pounds! I felt so gross and pathetic and disgusting. I drank a crapload of water yesterday and low carbed it and already lost 1/2 inch of bloat, so I'm much more comfortable today and wearing jeans again...but they're still really tight around the waist.

Don't take that $5k offer! Tell him the best you can do is go down to $8k (or whatever you think is appropriate, I'm just throwing numbers out there) because it's already under KBB and you've got bills to pay.
November 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
I'm not taking anything less than $7,300. I owe $6,100 and need to pay off the note and would like to have a little left over to put down on our next vehicle.
I have listed tons of our stuff on a yard sale site. So far I have made $11, but hope to make more after selling my elliptical. Crossing my fingers I can get $200 for it.

Do any of you sell your unwanted/ unused stuff?
Oh and I added a recipe of a salad in the sub forum, go check it out. yumm!

November 22nd, 2010, 08:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your salads sound great! I wish Stephen would eat stuff like that. I hate making stuff for just me. It usually ends up going bad. Wish salads froze well

About 2x a year, I go through my house and list stuff on Craigslist for sale. We've moved twice in the last 2 years and made close to $1k between the 2 moves going through and getting rid of stuff. Most of it was all baby/infant stuff. I think pretty soon, we'll have a little more toddler stuff, like a pack & play and toys that Maddie has outgrown, but I'll probably list it after Christmas so Maddie isn't without a lot of toys (got a bunch for her for Christmas already and probably a few more).
November 23rd, 2010, 05:43 AM
Some one made us on offer on our van this afternoon! He may come and pick it up as early as tonight!!! This will be a huge load off my shoulders.

November 23rd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome news!

It's hot and humid here today...I'm loving it. Haven't been able to wear shorts in a while but it's a shorts and tank top kinda day. We have 2 hours of therapy this morning, a playdate at 12:30 and then margarita night at a mexican restaurant at 7. I really wish I weren't so busy today because I'm pretty tired
November 24th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Glad you are having good weather! Its cold here and the snow plows are out. Busy all day with people coming over to by my yardsale stuff and getting a jump on my cooking for tomorrow.

November 24th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Allison, where did you go??

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! We're enjoying a quiet day at home tomorrow.
November 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
just finished making a huge batch of cinnamon carmelized pecans. Now if I could just stop eating them.

November 24th, 2010, 04:58 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here, just don't have much to say.

I'm making red velvet sandwich cookies for tomorrow, and in the morning I have to make broccoli casserole.

November 24th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OK I'm coming to both of your houses. I'm too lazy to bake anything tomorrow for a treat, so I bought a pouch of sugar cookie mix and we'll make cookies to eat for when we put the tree up. It's the only holiday tradition I've had since I was a little girl and I want to keep it alive between me and Maddie. She'll get to participate in decorating the tree tomorrow...in 2008 she was too young and last year we didn't put up a tree because she would have destroyed it the second I went to take my first bathroom break post-tree-decorating
November 25th, 2010, 07:24 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
<popping in> it's been a crazy, hectic week.. surgery, recovery.. life is getting back to normal

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

November 26th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good to see you here, Erika! Hope your recovery is going well

Hey, I think you had surgery exactly when I had it 2 years ago! I don't remember the exact date, but it was sometime around November 15th.
November 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Erika- Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Allison- red velvet cookies sound awsome.
Tonya- what a fun tradition.

Sigh, No tree for us this year. Not sure when the movers will come to pack us up so I decided not to drag out all the Christmas stuff only to have to move it in (hopefuly) a few weeks.

November 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
It's going well! It was a little rough for a few days (they actually had to make a slightly bigger incision where the gallbladder came out, because mine was so enlarged and inflamed) but I'm good now! No meds anymore, doing my normal every day stuff. I'm disturbed with how my belly button looks, though lol It feels so good not to have a constant ache (which I was having 24/7 for a few days before the surgery) and no ATTACKS.

I'm sorry you don't get a tree this year
I don't blame you, though. I wouldn't wanna put it up and take it right back down, either.

November 28th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I have a good example fo kids say the darnedest things. At church today I bent down to talk to a little girl and in the middle of our conversation she says to me" Wow Sister Mudd, you sure do have a lot of sparkles in your hair." OMGosh I just about died laughing. The girl was refering to all my grays, which stand out alot against my super dark brown hair. Now Im starting to rethink my idea of letting all the gray show and going natural.

Did any of you get any shopping done this weekend?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search