*~November Chat Thread~*

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aw Melissa! Sometimes kids are so brutally honest that it's embarrassing!

I didn't do any major shopping this weekend, except I bought Maddie's birthday present from amazon to set aside until she's 3. My back aches pretty badly and I'm just laying around hoping it heals fully before Saturday when we leave for vacation.
November 28th, 2010, 07:36 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We left our house a little before 2:00 a.m. Friday morning, and drove to Fairview Heights to Target. We got there a little before 3:00, and stood in line until 4:00 when they opened. We were able to get in and out of the store with everything we needed in 10 minutes. Then we drove to St. Louis and covered a lot of ground over there. We got home a little before 1:00 p.m. We got a lot of things we needed, but still have a lot more to get.

November 28th, 2010, 10:51 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Allison- glad to hear you got lots of goodies. Hearing you talk about shopping in St.Louis makes me sooooo home sick.

Tonya- good for you for having gifts bought this far in advance!

Did I tell you ladies I am going to Poland on Friday? Im super excited to go, but not looking forward to another long ride on a bus. This will be my first trip with my trusty new cane, we will see how walking with the cane turns out.

November 29th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Just what I needed to get me in the mood to start my holiday treats. If you ladies havent checked out MaddiesMama's sweets recipes you should. I make them myself every year, after being spoiled by having hers.
Anyone else make treats to give to friends & neighbors?

November 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't actually think I'll be doing it this year. Or rather, here in Biloxi while we're down here. I have so many more people here that I'd have to give one to that it's so overwhelming and I think it would cost a fortune. Thanks for the compliments about the treats
November 29th, 2010, 11:18 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
How far is Poland from Germany via bus? I'd love to see Poland someday- I'm part Polish. My great grandmother (who died a few years ago) came here from Poland with her parents when she was a child, on a boat!!!!

I make a few different cookie recipes for close family, that's all!

November 30th, 2010, 05:25 AM
The Polish boarder is about 9 hours by bus. Buses here have a much lower speed limit than passenger vehicles & bus drivers are only allowed to drive 4 hours at a time before switching. That makes taking the bus a little longer than driving yourself.
Its still snowing here and its still pretty since it hasn't turned to slush yet. I had company all day today and now I'm pooped.

December 1st, 2010, 05:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kohl's had a great sale last night on their website...clearance deals with a code for 20% extra off plus free shipping...I bought DH a hammock for $102! He's gonna flip out on Christmas morning! I just hope it doesn't come on a day that he's home from work, eek!
December 1st, 2010, 08:03 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 4:18 this morning, Aaden climbed out of his crib and came walking into our room. He's been climbing out of his crib for awhile, but has never done it in the middle of the night. He's been doing it later in the morning, usually right around the time that we'd be getting up for the day. I guess that means we'll be changing his crib into a toddler bed in the very near future.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search