*~November Chat Thread~*

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2010, 02:13 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh it's November already! Only 25 more days until American Thanksgiving,30 until the first day of Chanukah and 55 more until Christmas! We are well in to the holiday season. Happy November!

Feel free to use this thread to chat about whatever you like.

November 1st, 2010, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who's over indulging on the Halloween candy? *raises hand*

How was your birthday, Melissa?
November 1st, 2010, 05:52 AM
I actually Had the best birthday of my life.
We gave out over 60lbs of candy + what we recycled from the kids buckets. We have 6 pieces of candy right now 3 for each and I made sure it wasn't anything I would be tempted to eat.
I got an email today saying I needed to preorder my turkey by the end of the week. That makes me think Thanksgiving is going to sneak up on me.

Anyone doing anything special today?

Good Morning Maddies Mama!!

November 1st, 2010, 08:28 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since our trick-or-treating was Friday night, we've already eaten all of Aaden's good candy. I think DH is going to Walmart after work to see what they've got marked down. He wanted me to go, but there was no way in Hell that was going to happen since it's the 1st of the month!

Aaden slept for crap last night. He was up every hour, and was only content sleeping on me. Almost everytime I'd try to lay him down, he'd freak out. If he didn't freak out then, he'd wake up 30-45 minutes later freaking out, so we'd have to start the process all over again. Finally around 7:00 this morning, I brought him to bed with me and we slept until almost 10:00. I have NO idea what his problem was, but I hope he doesn't have it tonight.

November 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
oh Allison! That stinks! I hope you will be able to get a nap or something today.

Tonya did that lady ever show up today?

Anyone else out there today?

November 1st, 2010, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get some sleep tonight Allison! Those nights are the worst

Melissa, she finally showed up 20 minutes late. As usual. She's so annoying. However, she gave me some interesting information today that makes me think she may be better for Maddie in the long run. Ugh. I don't know what to do - I was about to give her the axe on Wednesday when I speak to our case manager.
November 1st, 2010, 08:38 PM
I was able to sleep for about 20 minutes when DH got home from work. Hopefully it'll last me awhile, because I have a feeling I'm in for another long night. He's definitely getting a cold, and was so exhausted he fell asleep at 9:30. He woke up about 10 minutes ago whining, and went on for awhile. He quit a few minutes ago. Hopefully he'll stay asleep for awhile, because I don't think I can have another night with hardly any sleep. And I don't want to bring him to our bed (where I know he'd sleep fine) because I don't want to make that a habit. I KNOW he's tired, I just wish he didn't have to sleep on me!

November 1st, 2010, 11:51 PM
Good Morning ladies! We have snow here again today

I'm thinking about warming up with cup of cinnamon hazelnut coffee

I have a full day of sorting, some packing, and lots more decluttering ahead of me. Hopefully both the kiddos will corporate and let me get some stuff done.

and BTW I am in love with smilies today

November 2nd, 2010, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it got better last night Allison and I hope Aaden feels better soon I just hate this time of year for sickness!

Melissa, when are you moving to Alaska?

We have fire ants in the backyard. No more playing in the backyard for who knows how long. There are hundreds of them...we got fire ant killer, but until it gets to the queen, it's essentially ineffective. Grrrrr.
November 2nd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Last night was better than I thought it would be! When I was ready to go to bed, he was waking up every 10-15 minutes whining, and basically wanting me to go in a pick him up. I didn't do it, but decided that I should probably sleep on the couch, instead of getting up out of bed everytime I heard him, so that's what I did. Anytime he whined, I'd go in and rub his back until he stopped, then stood by his crib for awhile, then backed out of his room very slowly. I think I did that 3 times during the night.

November 3rd, 2010, 05:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is he feeling better today? Hopefully last night wasn't too bad either. Sleep is good.

We went to Sesame Street Live last night. It was sooooo fun for Maddie. I think she had the most fun she's ever had in her whole little life!
November 3rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Last night was pretty much the same as the night before. He woke up a few times during the night, and I went in and rubbed his back and he quit. I really hope he gets all this out of his system in the next few nights, because my friend from Wisconsin will be here Friday night, and I don't want him doing it then!

I loved your pictures from Sesame Street Live! Maddie looked like she really, really enjoyed herself!

November 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Allison- I'll keep my fingers crossed that Aden gets his sleep on schedule. Do you and your friend have anything planned?

Tonya- looks like you all had a good time. were tickets reasonable?

DH finally folded the laundry! That is one of his two "jobs" the other being taking the trash can to the curb once a week. I have been holding out and not doing it for 3 weeks and I WON!
Hum, what else is new...while cleaning today I came across a ton of pictures that I was shure were lost forever.

November 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
We don't have anything too exciting planned. Friday night we're going to a restaurant that has $.99 margaritas, then Saturday night we're going out with some of my friends (& DH, of course), then she leaves on Sunday. She's basically coming to keep me company while DH is in the woods hunting. I'm really excited to see her again!

November 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Melissa, I bet B was thrilled with that job!

The tickets themselves were very reasonable. It was $17 for each of us, but then you know how Ticketmaster tacks on their fees....They added $21 worth of fees so it was right about $70. If they wouldn't have tacked on a billion dollars worth of fees, we'd have been able to sit up front because when I went to buy tickets, front row was available, but 3 of those tickets plus fees was nearly $100 and I thought that was unreasonable. I think the front row tickets alone were $24 and I would have paid that if they didn't tack on an extra $9 in fees per ticket. If anyone ever gets the chance to take their toddlers to this if they're into Sesame Street, definitely jump at the chance. It's a cute show and all of the kids in the place were having a blast. And now I can't wait to take Maddie to Busch Gardens in February because they have a Sesame Street area of the park and they do a character breakfast with Elmo. She is going to FLIP OUT!
November 3rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Ugh, our friend from Tennesse is town for the night and needed a place to stay, so DH told him he could stay at our house, not even thinking about Aaden sleeping so crappy this week. He was going to sleep on the couch, but I blew up the air mattress and put it in the spare bedroom (where my friend will be sleeping this weekend).

November 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
My little ones are nuts today! Zoe managed to climb the dresser and pull it over on herself. Then Quintin got himself into the top of the closet and couldn't get back down.

Allison- do you have drop in company often?

I didn't know there was a Sesame Street theme park until yesterday. That place looks neat. Elmo and Zoe are popular in our house.

Only one more day till the weekend! Whoo Hoo!!

November 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
We don't! But for some reason, this week, we do! I've known about my friend (from Wisconsin) coming for months, but I didn't know about our Tennessee friend coming (& staying the night) until yesterday evening. And, apparently he's staying tonight, too. So we have him here last night and tonight, then my Wisconsin friend here Friday & Saturday night. Then our Tennessee friend will probably be back in a couple weeks.

November 6th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Allison, I hope you're having fun this weekend with your friend!

What's everyone up to? We're not up to much, DH has to babysit the airmen in their dorms tonight.
November 6th, 2010, 08:26 AM
We're having a great time!! We went out for $.99 margaritas last night, then went and saw Due Date. Today we're hanging out around the house, then tonight we're going to a cook-out at the IL's, then going out to a few bars in town.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search