*December Chat Thread*

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2010, 05:46 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh those photo blankets are so cool. We ordered one for my mom last year and another for the IL's this year.

I know you all are tired of hearing about it but we have MORE snow. I shoveled twice already today, which is hard for me with my left side being numb. The second time I was out I put up our baby gate popped in Toy Story and told the kids to behave. About 20 minutes later the baby gate was down and Zoe was out side in her sleeper and Quintin opened the dishwasher door and used it as a step stool to climb on to the counter. What a wild afternoon in the Mudd house!

we had a group of ladies make and sell tamales as a fundraiser & oh my are they good. I have bought 4 dozen so far. I heart Mexican food and think it might be one of my favs.
How about you whats your fav. type of food?

December 9th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I can just imagine the chaos in your house with the kids running around while you're trying to do some work!

I've never had a tamale. We have little tamale huts here on the beach, I'll have to try one sometime. My favorite type of food is mexican. I could eat it all day every day.

I woke up with pink eye in both eyes this morning. I thought my right eye was getting better, but it was sort of gross this morning too and had spread to my left eye. So now I have a few prescription medicines to take. The doc I saw this morning suspects that the pink eye and the sore throat/earache are 2 separate viruses. She's also treating me with an antibiotic just in case an infection would start to form since I've had the symptoms for 7 days now. So now I have to worry about Maddie catching not just 1 virus, but 2! I've really been keeping my distance from her. I have no shame in admitting she's been playing totally by herself all day long and will continue to do so until DH gets home. Obviously I'm supervising her, but our contact is so minimal that I feel like I should feel guiltier than what I do. I guess I know deep down that it's for the best - even if we weren't about to go on a trip, I still wouldn't want her suffering with this crap because I know how awful I feel, I can't imagine how it must feel to a 2yo who can't communicate well.
December 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Never feel bad about being too sick to take care of your child! You have to take care of you so you will get healthy.When you are healthy you will be such an awsome mom that it will more than make up for the sick times!

I get an injection every week and feel like I'm dying the entire day. On those days my kids just watch a lot of movies and play independently. Sure I feel bad about not giving them a lot of hands on but I know taking this med will get me better and that will make it worth it in the end.

Can you believe the financing hasn't gone through on my van yet? Gah, going crazy.
While trolling for a new car I saw this Volvoin Red Metallic. What do you all think?

December 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a pretty nice looking car. Maybe this is a dumb question but are German cars cheaper in Germany?
December 10th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Tonya- a few are cheaper but most are not. For example the "special" on BMW's right now is like $2800 off MSRP. The kicker is the special is only on the top trim models, and you will have to pay sales tax when you title it in the US and an import tax. These taxes & fees are the same if you buy an American car from AAFES while OCONUS.

I can not stop obsessing about a new car & a new house. I'm about to drive my self nuts. We darn near have a whole new house full of things in virtual shopping carts!
Now Im off to a masqurade ball, pictures soon!

December 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Woo Hoo! Maddie's Mama got on her ship! Have a great time & take lots of pictures.

December 11th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Here is a little glimpse of DH and I at the masqurade ball last night.

December 16th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, this board is DEAD!! This time of year is always so quiet around the boards. Love your pic of you & B!
December 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Every single board I'm on is dead Like, really dead. Not that I'm helping, I haven't been around much.

Crap is busy with the holidays! I'm so excited for them, but looking for a calmer life, too!

December 18th, 2010, 05:23 AM
I think I have baby fever, can some one please slap me! You girls might be busy but I have WAYYY too much time on my hands right now. Can you believe Christmas is next week. Quintin's gift from Santa is lost some where in this house. Bad part is we cant remember what it is so dont know to even look for!

December 18th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Melissa! In our old age (we're almost 30 now) we need to start writing these things down!

No baby fever. Not with B about to be gone for a year
December 22nd, 2010, 09:41 AM
This mama got wild and crazy this evening. I took the kids to a Christmas parade in 3 foot of snow all by my self. Having the best day today! We got our paper copy of our orders. For all you non military folks, this is the last thing we need to start scheduling our household good shipment and get on the waiting list for housing! Happy dance!

December 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with all of the move stuff! How was the parade?

Allison, where did you go?? Haven't seen you around here in ages.

As much as I love having DH home, the disruption of my routine really annoys me!
December 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm here, just don't have much to say.

December 22nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope everything is OK with you guys!

It is December 22 and I wore shorts and a tank top today. Our weather has been all over the place, but I loved today! I baked cookies, saw a friend's new baby and got into a big fight with DH because he got the most expensive speeding ticket I've ever heard of!
December 23rd, 2010, 05:16 AM
Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!

December 25th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope all you mommies are having a wonderful holiday with the ones you love.

December 26th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas! Ours ended up white....everyone here is all oohing and aahing over it...but I'm just thinking, everyone wished for a white Christmas and now that they have it, they're whining because they can't go anywhere and we're snowed in! Georgia just does not have the resources for snow removal and Atlanta is essentially crippled by precipitation other than rain.
December 27th, 2010, 07:49 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My house is a hot mess. There's crap all over the place. We HAVE to work on putting Aaden's new toys away today. The problem is, we don't have a place for all of them. We need a bigger house. Or Aaden needs less toys. I'll go for option A.

December 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya! The only way we could get Maddie's new toys put together was if we first went and got rid of several old ones. There just isn't room for all the old and the new. And now we got crap from our ILs that I don't know where it's going to go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search