Hi!

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Hollybear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't even know this board existed until I saw a blinkie in someone's siggy.

I have always flown quite a bit, but I really started it when I moved to Central Oregon from Southeast Texas in 2009.

We found out we were pregnant with our first baby in October 2009, so I got to experience the joys of flying while pregnant (even a full pat down to make sure my belly was real at one point, lol) which I feel like flying while pregnant is way more exhausting than flying with an infant.

Our baby girl was born in July 2010, I have flown with her every single month since August. Since I fly out of Redmond, OR there are no direct flights to Houston so I have to switch planes in Denver (or San Francisco) with United. So I have been on a total of 12 different flights with a baby this year alone. (4 flights every round trip, 3 months)

I actually get a break this month since my family is flying up here for Christmas. I probably won't fly back down until late January.

My biggest gripe is going through security with pumped breastmilk. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous they act sometimes, or the stupid idiot who stuck a dropper INTO THE BOTTLE.

I fly with United. They have this awesome thing called Economy Plus. I always sit in the very front row (before 1st class) because you have a TON of room. It's totally worth it if you can swing it.

Anyway, nice to "meet" you all
December 6th, 2010, 10:38 AM
mamamudd's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!!
So good to get to know you!
I'm Melissa, mama to Quintin (3) & Zoe (1) we fly all the time since moving away from family too!
Hope to see more of you & feel free to post as often as you like and be sure to check out our monthly chat thread.

December 6th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Holly, welcome. Sophie is so beautiful!

I'm Tonya, mom to Madalyn, age 2.5. We live in coastal Mississippi. We love traveling to Disney World, Las Vegas, Pigeon Forge TN and on cruises, as well as smaller day trips to wherever. Can't wait to hit up the Florida panhandle beaches next spring - we just moved to MS this year right when the oil came, so no beach time for us - MS beaches aren't real beaches. They're fun to walk on but that's about it!

Our board has just a handful of members that post, so feel free to jump right in and don't let it deter you! Like Melissa said, check out our chat thread and feel free to chat about whatever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search