Just Getting Back Online

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Regular
Things have been crazy so I haven't been here for a while. My son Matthew is 15 months old today and I'm a SAHM. Well, mostly a SAHM anyway- I'm an ECE and my daycare calls me in to work on days when someone is sick or on holiday and they need an extra staff, if my husband is working from home that day and can watch Matthew.

We just got back from an awesome 11 day Caribbean cruise- Matthew's first vacation. He has a blast running Mommy and Daddy ragged!

It's nice to "see" you all again! I've been pretty focused on losing weight; I'm down over 100lbs since I had my son. I still want to lose another 50 or so but I'm working on it! I keep a blog of my journey with healthy recipes, the link is in my siggy.

Matthew's still not walking yet but he's a chatterbox so I guess he's been focused on that instead. I'm sure he'll get around to it when he's ready!

Anyway, I just wanted to reintroduce myself to you all. Happy New Year!
January 3rd, 2011, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back. Congrats on your weight loss! If you have some time, make a post and share your cruise highlights with us
January 3rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Regular
Thanks!

Honestly, I don't think I'd cruise again with my little guy. I just think of a cruise as drinking, gambling, relaxing, and fine dining- which isn't really compatible with a toddler! He had a great time and the staff loved him but I think next time we will leave him with Grandma and just go by ourselves. We had to take turns entertaining him during the day so the other parent could relax, and he wanted to go to bed when it was dinnertime so we only got to finish our entrees one night- the other ten we had room service.

It was a nice trip but definitely not stressless! We did the 11 night Celebrity Equinox, which is a beautiful ship. If anyone has questions I'd be happy to answer them.
January 3rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We just cruised with our 2.5 year old about 3 weeks ago and I agree about having to constantly be entertaining her. Did Celebrity have a kids club? That was our saving grace on Carnival! I can't imagine cruising without the kid's club - I'd drive myself insane. We were stuck with late dining and boy was that interesting trying to make sure she could stay awake through it. We only had to rush through dinner one night because she was tired. The others she was an angel. However now we know that if late dining is all that is available, it's a deal breaker for us. Not only because it's at her bedtime, but because we ended up eating and going straight to bed with her - NOT a good combination when you take into account you're on a rocking ship all night long! Glad you were still able to enjoy your trip!
January 3rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Regular
Yes, Celebrity has a kids' club but you can't leave your kids there until they are 3 and potty trained. We could take him there to play but we had to stay with him.

Wow, late dining with a 2 year old? On X, late dining doesn't begin until 8:30pm so that would definitely be a no go for us. Our son goes to sleep around 7pm so early dining, beginning at 6pm was enough of an issue.

We went out every evening though, taking turns. We're not morning people and we love to go out at night. It meant not much sleep since he hated the PnP and insisted on sleeping in our bed but oh well! It just reinforced our decision to leave him home next time.
January 4th, 2011, 05:59 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Welcome back!!
Wow, congrats on the weight loss! That's so awesome.
My daughter was past 15 months when she started to walk, too.. she was also a chatterbox (and still is).. he'll get there!
I love to cruise, but definitely imagine it'd be hard with a small child (which is why we haven't done it!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search