Looking ahead to summer

Forum: Traveling Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traveling Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 05:55 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looking ahead to summer, do you have any plans yet or are you wanting to go somewhere?
Mattiez
February 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping to take 2 more cruises this summer before I hit 6 months pregnant. Not prego now but doing IVF so it could be anytime soon. I'm hoping to take my mom on her 1st cruise in May for her birthday. Then the hubby and kids will probably go on another cruise in mid to late summer. Still kinda depends if I get prego next month or not. At this time all of our future 2011 vacations are based on getting pregnant or not getting prego this spring.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

February 22nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we're not going far this summer since my c/s will be at the end of July-just lots of local camping I think
February 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're not doing anything at all since I'm spending yet another summer alone with DH deploying. Going to try to make up for it next summer with a trip to Australia. Crossing my fingers on that one since it's like a dream trip for me.
February 23rd, 2011, 08:06 AM
Good Luck on the Australia trip. but dont let DH being gone stop you from going some fun little places. Just you and Maddie.

I am starting to toy with the idea of a cruse. The kids haven't been on one before. But we are moving at the end of the summer so I don't know if I want to go to big of an excursion.
The kids will have a couple weeks of summer camp and time at Grandma's, fishing on the lake. So that is a good get away for them.

Mattiez
February 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maddie and I don't exactly travel well together alone We don't have any family here to help out either, so we'll just stick close to home. I'm sure we'll be forced to travel at some point during hurricane season when the base is under a mandatory evacuation and that will be more than enough travel for the 2 of us alone.

What kind of cruise were you thinking about?
February 23rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH & I are going to Wisconsin for a weekend in June. My best friend lives there, and we're going to a Cardinals/Brewers baseball game one night, then going to a Kenny Chesney concert the next night. We're taking the train up, and stopping in Chicago for a day & night before going on to Wisconsin.

That's the only trip that we have planned. I'd really love to take Aaden to Disney World sometime in September, but I know that won't happen.

February 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
What kind of cruise were you thinking about?

Something fairly simple. Out of Fl, to somewhere. I would like my parents to go along just because they are getting along in years and I don't know how much longer they will be able to do things like this.

I am thinking a Disney cruise for the kids. It will all depend on when we end up moving.

I'd really love to take Aaden to Disney World sometime in September, but I know that won't happen.
Why not??? That is the best time to go to Disney.
Mattiez
February 24th, 2011, 02:17 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattiez View Post
I'd really love to take Aaden to Disney World sometime in September, but I know that won't happen.
Why not??? That is the best time to go to Disney.
Mattiez
If it was up to me, we'd have already been to Disney World, and we'd be going again soon, but DH thinks it's too much money to spend. He doesn't get all the "magical" stuff about Disney World, and thinks it would be a waste of money & time.

February 27th, 2011, 09:39 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
We are going to Colorado for a week in Colorado and then I am going to Michigan with the baby for a wedding in June. Nothing too exciting other than that but we are hoping to go to Europe in 2012.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

March 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are going to Disney World in June (1st time! yay!) and then to the beach in Destin, FL for a weekend in August

~Allison~, my DH has whined about the cost and everything too but I think once we get there he will love it just as much as the kids will!! I told him this was very important to me, and I've done my best to keep the costs down! We are only going for 5 days but he knows I'm already planning a 2nd trip there LOL. I KNOW I'll want to go back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search