When did you tell? (also posted in PAL)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When did you let the cat out of the bag? I have really mixed feelings on this because my life would be much easier if I just told everyone, but I am worried that (once again) things won't work out. I have to wear uniforms at work (Japanese policy, even the North American President wears a uniform) and they got very tight very early when I was pregnant with Eva. I have a few social obligations to attend, and it would be easy to explain why I won't have a drink. I could go on, but I'm sure you've all been there before. Part of me is thinking I am being a ninny since I know from losing Eva that losses can happen after the first trimester. It's just that I have had two very public losses in a year, and I am not sure I am up to another. What do you girls think?

April 11th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my subsequent pregnancy I kept it quiet as long as possible. It was easier for me since it was winter and I could wear bulky clothes and no uniform. I would say what ever is comfortable to you. Could you tell just your boss or it is something were everyone will know?
April 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraG View Post
With my subsequent pregnancy I kept it quiet as long as possible. It was easier for me since it was winter and I could wear bulky clothes and no uniform. I would say what ever is comfortable to you. Could you tell just your boss or it is something were everyone will know?
LOL. There is no such thing as 'secrets' where I work, especially regarding any pregnancy of mine. Everyone is very aware of both my stillbirth and my ectopic (the stillbirth for obvious reasons, the ectopic because I had to be carried out of work and rushed to the hospital), so it would be/will be a hot gossip item. I can handle that as long as I don't lose this one, too.

April 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahhh well that makes it a lot harder to tell and more stressful. I don't think you are being a ninny at all, I would keep it to myself just because I am very private and I would have a hard time in that situation. But when I kept my pregnancy quiet at work it was stressful too because I had mood swings and other stuff that I didn't explain lol. Which way are you leaning?
April 12th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm leaning towards telling. Tight pants suck . I will probably wait until after my u/s on the 30th, but by then I expect that my pants will be uncomfortable. The funny thing is that I had considered this after I went back after having Eva, but I figured I would lose more weight (I was still carrying baby weight from my pregnancy with her) and so I would have roomy pants. The problem is that I didn't lose any weight!

April 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's hard to lose the weight! BTW congrats on your pregnancy! I imagine with that kind of uniform it would be hard to stay quiet. Any u/s i had before 12 weeks was vaginal, so much fun lol. I hope you have a boring uneventful pregnancy!
April 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I hope everything goes smoothly. I keep thinking that I will take every terrible pregnancy symptom in th book if I just get to take home a healty baby at the end of it!

April 13th, 2009, 06:53 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would tell. I think subconsciously the "not telling" will cause more undue stress and fear. We've already got enough of that after a loss or losses!

I actually told everyone as soon as I found out. I don't want people walking o neggshells around me during this pregnancy, I want to enjoy it. I want to keep myself as healthy as possible and as hard as it is I need to stay as positive as possible. I'm still scared, but I keep it on the backburner as long as there are no threats or warning signs.

I think people will be more open about your pregnancy and more "happy"/comfortable with it if you are open about it and openly happy. excited and not seeming scared, cautious, etc. If that makes sense lol?

Goodl uck!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes I said the same Hope the telling goes smoothly and there is a minimum of workplace gossip!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search