Anyone Else...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Really wish she weren't heavy right now??? Honestly I didn't start to show with Roald until 16-18 weeks...Then after that every week my uterus grew more and I seemed to be carrying high, so it was easier for people to tell I was pregnant and not just getting a fatter tummy, kwim?

I know I'm only not quite 11 weeks but this time it's really driving me bonkers that I won't show for awhile yet. And even then it's like only people who knew I was pregnant could really tell. But strangers probably couldn't easily tell, kwim?

I guess it's just because I'm pregnant after losing Roald....that I want to have as many reassurances as I possibly can and a budding belly even this early would defnitely be great. I get really down on myself for not being skinny in my head now...Like **** it, why do you have to be fat? You could be showing and see your belly by now if you weren't fat.
It's sort of driving me crazy. I actually think that bothers me more than naything right now. Does anyone else feel this way?

I shouldn't have looked at belly pics on my DDC. I am really glad everyone else is showing and I think their bellies are cute, I just wish I was in on the party too lol. All I know is I can feel my uterus when I press and my shirts are getting tighter near the bottom...But nothing that's actually visually noticable yet.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
OMG Bonnie! I feel the exact same way! I am a little on the heavier since and I still have my baby belly mushroom (as I call it!) from Alyssa so I know I won't show for awhile! Sometimes I look in the mirror and I am like its getting bigger and I am like no Jen..its just your chub! There is a lady I work with that has the cutest baby bumb...she literally looks like she has a basketball stuck under her shirt. I was just very big and round with Alyssa, I really didn't start looking really pregnant and not just fat until the end of my 6th month!!! Its so aggrevating bc I want a cute bump early!!!!

I am not really sure if I feel my uterus or not....but my pants are getting tight, especially my work pants which is problematic! The other day I used the good ol hairtie trick
May 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Well you're still 3 weeks behind me and I only started to feel that rock hard uterus feeling when I press on my pubic area about a week ago. So you'll probably be able to feel it by pressing in a couple more weeks.

I know...I was 25 weeks when I had Roald and only my friends and family who knew it was my gut (lower) part of my belly that was really fat before I was pregnant. So when my belly starting to poke out up top they could all tell it was because I was pregnant. But if someone were just walking by me they would just think I was heavy at that point. I think it would have taken a couple more weeks for me to have fully popped and been noticably pregnant.

I don't even look at my naked belly in the mirror. Whenlost him before my belly button got fully pulled out. Now I just look fat when I look in the mirror lol. There's not real difference, or at least not anything that looks like it's due to pregnancy. *sigh*

My husband is just shaking his head that I'm upset about this. What really did it for me was Friday I ran into one of Bill's friends and his pregnant wife. She was heavy like me before she got pregnant. She told me they yhad given her the gel to induce her (that was Fri, their son was born Sat) and that she was 39 weeks. I saw her big round belly and I was really jealous. But I know she probably had to have the same problem I did. She probably didn't have that huge noticable belly til around 28 weeks. But oh I want a belly!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

May 3rd, 2009, 05:44 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm not pregnant yet, but I have already decided that there is one positive thing about being heavyset - I don't have to talk about being pregnant coworkers until I'm like 7 or 8 months in. I don't like talking to my coworkers about ANYTHING.

But I am sick of still looking pregnant - strangers keep asking how far along I am, and then it gets weird . . .

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 4th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Super Mommy
I hear you on teh frustration of still looking pregnant. I know I'm only 4wks post partum, but i wish it would just go away. The first couple weeks I thought of the milk and weight as connection to Joey, but like I said...now I just want it to go away. I'm going to try to work my belly off and work out like crazy before actively ttc #3 but even trying to diet etc didn't get rid of the part that hangs at the bottom of my belly. I carried Joey 40wks 2days and when I delivered it was still all "hangy jelly" at the bottom...I thought the extra skin would be filled by baby, but it was gross lol.

But to answer the op's question, yes, I wish I wasn't so fat so that I didn't have SO much weight to lose before feeling comfortable with myself. I had gained 50lbs with Jamie, and in 4yrs only lost about 10lbs of it (lost 30lb then gained it back slowly) and got pregnant again. It took me awhile to show too even though my pants were all tight pretty quick.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

May 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Can I add to this? Me too. Bleh.

May 5th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I am fat
and I took pictures of my belly fat and all!!!

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
May 5th, 2009, 08:03 AM
LOL Jenn. I would....if it looked any different. To me it seems like I would just be taking pics that looked the same every week lol. Until later, like I originally said, when it does start to change.

I just hope I don't get a ton more stretch marks-cause I already have them on my tummy lol.

Plus my boobs-I have DDs (I was a D by age 13 and got my period when I was 10). They're already too big and they're getting bigger. They did with Roald too. They get really sore and start popping out of my DD bras. It's really irritating and it feels like people look at me and think that my boobs are comically large. It bothers me. Then again, I am not comfortable at all with my body and the only time I "like" it is when it's pregnant. Cause I feel like it's finally good for something.

But mostly it's my boobs and my gut.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search