Baby Names!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whether you're pregnant or TTC, at this point in time what names are you considering for each gender?

Bill and I have had a girl's name picked out since before we got married. But a boy's name is proving hard to pick this time.

For a girl we are defnitely going with Vera (pronounced Vee-ruh). For a boy we WERE going with Lloyd, but due to troubles with a middle name I am thinking we are going to wind up falling back on Clive, which was the name Bill orginally picked out for Roald. But then I liked Roald better and so did everyone else, so we went with it (plus it was easier to find a middle name for Roald than Clive).

Trends we've noticed in picking names is we decide on British-sounding boys' names lol (though I like alot of old-fashioned boys' names, but he's more picky), boys' names we pick usually have weird meanings and the girls' names we like usually have good meanings. Vera means truth and faith, depending on origin.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Chloe Elizabeth for a girl and Declan Andrew for a boy. I'm only 8 weeks pregnant and the names are done. What do I do for the next 7 months?

May 6th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, you know, since it's like 2 years away for me....lol

The next girl we have I would really like to have the middle name of Riene. It's the french word for "queen" and it is the middle name that my parents gave my stillborn sister. I always wanted to name a girl for her, but it didn't fit with Cora...and then I didn't with Erin because I got freaked out. See, my mother was given the middle name Lynn after her stillborn brother...and she lost her first baby. I was given the middle name Renée after my dad's younger sister who died at nearly 3, and I lost my first baby. I just...got superstitious I guess. But I have ALWAYS wanted to name a child after Bethany, to give a baby her middle name. So...yeah, that will be our next girl's middle name. If I have another one anyway.

I like Alia Reine. It's pronounced "AH-lya" rather than "ah-LEE-ya." It means "queen of all."

May 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
I love the name Lexie (either Grace or Marie) and Tessa Marie (Tessa being a mix between my mom Tina and best friend Jessica).

Which do you guys like better? Lexie Grace/Marie or Tessa Marie?

I struggle with boy names...I do like the name Evan (my maiden name is Evans) and Owen, I also like the name Lucas.

Laurie: I love the name Chloe Elizabeth...super cute
May 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Laurie-lol. That is what we say for a girl.

Jen-I like Tessa better. And out of your boy names I like Lucas best.

Brittanie-That is so sweet. But it is also very weird and I don't blame you for being creeped out.

May 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
If it's a girl, she'll be Alice, after my grandmother, a name I picked out before DH and I got married (he likes it too). God knows what we'll do if it's a boy - we fought about boy names for 17 weeks when I was pregnant with Ethan!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Awww, I love Alice!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search