It Was Weird....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our Women's Health Center has a small office in our town Palmyra, and then a main office which is the only place you can have an ultrasound done in Lebanon, near the hospital.

On Thursday we had to go to the Lebanon office. This is where I was sent from the Palmyra office on November 13, 2008....to get an emergency ultrasound because they couldn't find Roald's heartbeat. I went into the same room where we had had our 9 week and 21 week U/Ss done. The tech confirmed his death. We were taken to a back office and then we left through the main hallway past the checkout.

On Thursday it was weird being back there. I stared at the spot in the hallway where my mother and brother told me Bill fell down to his knees before he went back to get me. I went back to an exam room and then was told I'd be getting an ultrasound TODAY! I was so excited. When we were in the waiting room I was thinking how it would be weird to be back in that same room. Then I realized the SAME WOMAN who had given be the U/S when Roald was dead was the same woman giving us the U/S that day.

Honesty....I didn't think about it at all when we were actually i nthe room. I was purely 100% excited and all for sprout!

It's only in retrospect and after we left that I realized I had made it through that without having flashbacks, etc. I'm sort of wondering if that's going to always be the case. I hope so. I wil ladmit there was atiny feeling of apprehension right before she put the thing up inside me (it was transvaginal); I was sort of scared there'd be a lifeless baby on the screen. But there wasn't. He/she came up o nthe screen and she said "There's your baby...."

So, all in all, we dealt quite wonderfully with being back there. I was deathly afradi of that place. I'm thinking the hospital will be what is actually hard to take.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 10th, 2009, 11:07 AM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
I had to go to the same clinic for my 6 week post partum appt and it was weird being in there. I have yet to have to go to the same room where I heard those horrific words and probably won't again until the end of this pregnancy because I found out at the labor triage not during an appt. When I did go to the clinic for my 6 week pp appt It was very overwhelming but my doc was sooo nice and other doc that was seeing me at the time also came in to see how I was doing and I thought that was so nice. I am not going to be seeing those two docs this time since I am high risk but I hope to run into them again.
May 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes. I totally understand that, about the follow-up appointment. My follow-up appointment after having Roald was in the same exam room in Palmyra where I had been told there was no heartbeat on the doppler. It was weird. I think it was worse because at least when I was in the ultrasound room this time I am pregnant with a healthy baby now. But that follow-up appointment sucked because your loss is still so incredibly fresh and you know you can't even try to TTC again for months. It was depressing.

Going to the triage may be really upsetting; but hopefully you'll be distracted as you'll be in labor and be super excited!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah that follow up appt was horrible...especially since the Nurse asked me if I was bottle or breastfeeding...UGH! Still makes me mad to this day! Read the patient notes before you go in!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search