First appt with High Risk OB tomorrow

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Tomorrow is my first appt with my High Risk OB. I want to be super positive about this pregnancy but I am SOOOO scared. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw the heartbeat so I know everything should be okay. I carried a baby full term and have not had a miscarriage before so I really don't know why I am thinking I will hear the worst. This is very odd for me because I have always been one of those ridiculously positive people...honestly it could be raining for days but I will be the person that will think its okay though, think of beautiful the flowers and grass will be when its all over. People honestly would get annoyed with me because I was always happy/positive and would find a positive about anything in life. Until my baby girl went to Heaven instead of coming home with me. Now I am half the positive person I used to be. I still try to remain positive though! My pessimistic attitude in this pregnancy scares me. I want the innocence of it back. I will be sure to update tomorrow after my appt!
May 10th, 2009, 01:41 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your appointment goes really well! I'm sure it will!

I was really positive and hopeful and soooo sure that Roald was okay and that we weren't going to miscarry him. Even the week before I had him I had read about some other women who had had stillborn babies and while I felt awful I felt that if your baby died in utero, something "obvious" would tell you so (such as you'd start bleeding, cramping, etc). But I never had anything of that. I was dumbfounded when I found out he'd been dead inside me for days. So this pregnancy it's really hard to assure myself constantly because I don't want to be too naive again.

I'm just glad it doesn't seem like they've given you a bunch of bull for getting pregnant before they wanted you to. That would have made me nervous because I know some doctors are really pigheaded about their orders. I can't wait to hear your update!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search